Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Entrenchment Level

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm still trying to find the entrenchment level for stacks in NCP and despite being told that it's shown in the tooltips I still can't find it no matter how many tooltips I look at for the stack or divisions or units and elements. I see in RoP there is no entrenchment so I'm wondering is that the case with NCP? I really like the way entrenchment level is shown in BoA and AACW, that should be the standard for all AGEOD games with entrenchment levels.

If NCP does have entrechment levels could someone please tell me which tooltip and where in the tooltip the entrenchment level is shown and how it is shown. :bonk:

PhilThib

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 pm

There is an in-game entrenchment level in both ROP and NCP I believe, but it's limited to 1.

You see it on the unit panel, on the right-hand side above the units pictures and next to the symbols showing activation, supply, etc...

By script, units could be fortified at levels higher than 1 (this could be the case of all units that start the game in redoubts for instance)... but in the current version, most units are NOT entrenched :cool:

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Still Looking Not Finding

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Philippe,
I tried your suggestion to look at the unit panel and I just don't see entrenchment levels. I turned the AI off and started the short 1805 Sun to Austerlitz scenario and then clicked through about 3 or 4 turns. I never see anything about entrenchment no matter where I look at the unit panel showing the unit name, # of units and strength, nor the activation/detection level symbols nor to the right of them at the unit panel on the far right that shows the leader or unit stats. Not even with the tooltips.

One thing I do wish is that the unit panel would be taller so the unit name and location and destination aren't on the same line as the symbols as the symbols cut out much of the destination info. It sure would be nice to be able to see the whole destination info line.

Could it be that in NCP entrenchment isn't used in some scenarios, unlike BoA and AACW? I even looked at Kutusov after a few turns hoping he had the entrenchment skill but he didn't and none of the Austrian/Russian units showed any sign of entrenchment level. Could it be that in the original version the entrenchment level showed and during the update process it has become Missing in Action?

PhilThib

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:36 pm

I am not sure now that you mention it that the entrenchment level has been set to 0 by code... may be ask Pocus :bonk:

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

A New Bug?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Philippe,
Man you had me worried I was crazy or blind not being able to see any entrenchment levels in NCP. I hope it's a code change that can be easily remedied so that entrenchment indeed works again so if we have our units sitting around an area they actually do some entrenching. I hope that Kutusov in the 1812 scenario has the entrenchment leader ability so that we can replicate the Borodino works he had built.

One fix I'd like to see someday in the AGEOD games is to fix the unit panel line where the unit info, especially it's destination, doesn't get covered by the symbols for hide/seek or ammo or food. It would be really nice to fix that graphics glitch that mars too many of your fine games. ;)

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”