Pocus

NCP Code Patch 1.06

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Dear Players,

Here is the new Napoleon's Campaigns patch. It can be very well called "Legacy Patch", but with us, you never know ;)

Given the vast amount of modifications and improvements (not to say some bug fixes) in the code since the last patch, there is no comprehensive list. Suffice to say that the game logic is now updated to the latest, and that the AI is much more expert than one year ago (while still being an AI).

One thing to appreciate among others is that the game loads twice as fast as before also. :thumbsup:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/NCP_Patch.zip

Modders are welcome to rework the historical data, if they believe glitches and errors exist. There is always room for improvement.

[font="]==============================================================================[/font]
[font="]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before. [/font]
[font="]==============================================================================[/font]
[font="]Napoleon's Campaigns Code Patch 1.06 / October 19, 2009[/font]
[CENTER][CENTER][font="]-----[/font][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[font="]This patch includes more than two hundreds code improvements, in both game logic and AI code.[/font]
[font="]Historical Data have not been improved since the previous patch.[/font]
[CENTER][CENTER][font="]-----[/font][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 pm

:thumbsup: :coeurs:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Nikel

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks Pocus, finally you decided to release it :)

Edit: sorry for messing, after installation everything is OK. It seems it was the extractor that created those doubled portraits :o

Pocus

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:16 pm

Propose mods by all mean, we all know that a game can only live through players. Even if this is just to rename portraits and add a dozen ones ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Releases day today, legacy or not ;)

But you managed to confuse me, so this portraits names, like

Unit_RUS_Krusenstern,1
Unit_RUS_Krusenstern,2

is a bug or not? :confused:

Post Captain
Private

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Downloaded the patch, loaded up the Danube campaign and noticed on the objectives page in the ledger that the flags to the right of the objectives are out of line. Loaded up Thames or Danube, same problem.

Pocus

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Post Captain wrote:Downloaded the patch, loaded up the Danube campaign and noticed on the objectives page in the ledger that the flags to the right of the objectives are out of line. Loaded up Thames or Danube, same problem.

Please re download, the issue is fixed (a file was not updated properly in the patch)

Post Captain
Private

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Pocus wrote:Please re download, the issue is fixed (a file was not updated properly in the patch)

All fine now, thank you :thumbsup:

Nikel

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 am

Sorry Pocus.

After installing the patch everything is OK. Edited the first post and deleted the second. It seems it was a mess created by the extractor :neener:

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 am

Nice :thumbsup: Downloading now.

Pocus

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 am

good to know!

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 pm

the patch has been great and i have noticed improvements in AI behavior.
One small issue i have noticed is that when you click on an element to view it's stat card, the numbers for the men, horses, and cannon have been lowered and are partially obscured by the brown background. Like I said, no biggie.
But overall great patch :D

Pocus

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:16 am

Good to hear that work pays :)

Thanks for the report on the graphical glitch. It won't be forgotten, but no update on the games before some time at least, we are concentrated on very important things these weeks :)

Rastan
Civilian

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi! I tried the patch. It has a very good AI, but i think there must be any broken data file. The struggle of nations scenario is a mess. Besides, the swedish militia has lost its icon, and it takes 200 days to move it (in russo-swedish war scenario)

cobra6193
Private

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:10 am

thank you for this new patch and merry christmas to all
some comments if I can :innocent:
stores no more appear darker when clicking on corresponding key, on the contrary it is obviously possible to build some with only 1 wagon!

Pocus

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks for the wishes and input!

We are not against doing another pass on Napoleon's Campaigns, but I really can do only code related issues, and the game being old now, we will have to rely on volunteers to help us on data (historical etc.)

thebagel
Conscript

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:20 pm

do you need to download all previous patches? if so, where can i find that list?

arsan

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi!
No, the latest 1.06 patch is enough. It includes all the previous changes.
Install it over you base game and everything should be OK :thumbsup:
Regards

von Beanie
Corporal

Newbie confused about which patch to start with

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 am

I just bought this game today and I do not have any of the patches. At the top of this thread it says (in red):

THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before.

But the previous box says the 1.06 patch is all I need. Would you please clarify if I need a "foundation patch" before installing this patch. If so, where can I get it?

Thank you

PhilThib

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 am

The foundation patch is needed ONLY if your original instal is from the DVD boxed version from Nobilis... if you have a NOBILIS boxed version of the game, then you need the foundation patch, then the other patches (now 1.06).

If you have purchased a download version from us, then no need of foundation patch, the normal patch is sufficient :cool:

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Are there plans to put a reply feature in NCP? All the other Ageod games have it.

Pocus

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Not now sorry, it has been painfully slow to add it to AACW, and I believe that will be the same or even worse for NCP. If we do a NCP 2, then definitively, but for a patch, this would not be wise for our schedules (and finances). Sorry, harsh world :)

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:36 pm

I got a problem with the 1.06 patch and the game in itself. I installed it in english then installed the patch in english but when I start the game, the game is in french and there's multiple units portraits missing. I've tried installing the game without any patch and I still have the same problem. I am using Windows 7 64 bit maybe that's the problem, since when I was using windows XP I had no problem with the game...
Vous aimez ma moustache? Je lui ai donné 10 ans de ma vie. :D

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Vista gets wierd, in particular if you install in Program Files default directory :blink:

This works for me with my Vista system:

1. De-activate your UAC [how-to at: http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11621&highlight=UAC ]
2. Uninstall the game
3. Use Explorer to find "Napoleon's Campaigns" folder under Program Files.
4. Delete the "Napoleon's Campaigns" Directory and all it contains [you will lose saved games]
5. Reinstall NCP, but change the default directory box to read "C:\AGEOD\Napoleon's Campaigns" [or any hard drive you wish]
6. Download the latest patch from: http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=199
7. Extract the patch file and run it [it shoud automatically go to the "C:\AGEOD\Napoleon's Campaigns" location]
8. Run NCP

..and, if you have graphics or startup problems, I also had to:

Be sure you have installed DirectX 9, as Vista's inherent DirectX10 is not fully backward compatible.
DirectX 9:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

Hope this helps. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 pm

I'll try to install in another directory than program files.

Edit: installing in C: did not work... gonna try installing directx 9c
Edit2: intalled directx 9 + updated my drivers didnt work either...

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 am

This is not related to directX. Install in C:\games for example.

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:30 am

Did as you said. Installed the game in C:\AGEOD\Napoleon's campaign and still I have some troops and some generals portraits missing. Maybe it's the version of gamersgate that has informations missing? Because I have now tried to install 5 times the game, plus directx9.0c, plus drivers and nothing works.

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 am

Perhaps then, so please write me at phmalacher@ageod.net (referencing this thread or your nick) and I'll give a near up to date setup (close to the latest patch version), you should get no problem.

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

I just saw that WIA got a Spring 2010 patch... is that possible of NCP?

Pocus

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am

Yes, but I can only provide a patch with content dealing with the engine, and in the absence of volunteers doing that, there won't be fixes to the historical data if needed.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”