Ney
Civilian

quick newbie question

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:57 am

Since NC does not have a full campaign like the ACW, are all the scenarios short? Do they have a turn limit on them? I am new to AGEOD and I am wondering which games have a full campaign and which do not.

In the full campaign setting games, are there unlimited amount of turns that can go on forever?

Thanks! AGEOD seems like what I have been always looking for

arsan

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:45 am

Hi Ney!

The answer is yes and no ;)
Scenarios have a turn limit, but when this arrive and the scenario ends (and you win or lose) you can keep playing on as long as you want :thumbsup:
But of course, after the end turn there will be no more historic events, scripted reinforcements and the like :(
In my opinion this feature is cool if you want to keep playing for a bunch of turns to maybe end that "master offensive plan" :wacko: you had but couldn't finish before scenario ends. But keep on playing for years would seem a little pointless to me :confused:

NCP has a dozen of medium length scenarios (from 20 to 40 turns maybe), a bunch of introductory ones (4-6 turns) and a superlong scenario (Peninsular Campaign) that is 300 tuns long :blink: , but played only on the Iberian peninsula.

ACW has a full war campaign (+100 turns) with several variable setups, advanced start campaigns (1,2, or 3 years into the war) and a bunch of small and medium battle scenarios.

WIA has 3 long full war campaigns (70-100 turns each aprox):the 1755 French and Indian War, 1775 American revolution and 1812 British-USA war.
And besides about a dozen short an medium length scenarios dealing with parts of those campaigns or other minor wars (Indian wars mainly).

As you see there is a lot of play in any of them! :thumbsup:

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”