AntoniusBlock
Civilian

Bullets on the 2D marker

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi everybody,
I just would like to know the exact meaning of the bullets (balls) and of their colours (green, yellow, red) in the bottom of the 2D marker representing a Corp in the map.
Someone said each bullet means 3 units in the Corp (1 ball= 3 Units, 2 balls= 6 units and so on) but I don't think that is right.
Thank you so much!!

arsan

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi and welcome!

Yes, thats right :)

Each of this bullets represent 3 units on the stack (beware: units, no elements. So both 3 leaders and 3 full divisions are one bullet)

The color have two modes:
- On the supply layer they represent supply level of the stack: red means awful, orange is bad, yellow so-so, green good.
- On all the other layers they represent, as i understand, a mix between health and cohesion. As above, colors go from red (bad) to green (good).

On structures (cities, forts...) you will also see them to represent the garrison inside the structure (the same: one ball=3 units).
And blue balls represent naval units on structures with ports.

Regards

AntoniusBlock
Civilian

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:28 pm

First of all thank you for your answer.
My doubt is... Sometimes a Corp with 9 units (no elements) has two bullets on the marker... and on the other side a Corp with 4 units has 3 bullets... How is it possible??
Maybe things change from a version of the game to another?
Hi and thanks again for your welcome!!

arsan

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi!

Not sure... The 3 units per bullet "rule" was explained by Pocus (the game developer) ages ago... i just use to repeat it around :D
But have checked now with the latest patch and indeed things seem to have changed. :blink:
Now balls/Bullet seems more related to real strength of the stack that to number of units.
A 3 division stack will have more bullets that a 6 batteries and leaders stack.
Maybe in some later patch the system was changed to count elements instead of units, which seems like an improvement :coeurs:
But i don't have a clue about what the actual formula is :confused:
Pocus should know :siffle:

Regards!

AntoniusBlock
Civilian

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:05 am

Someone could give me other informations? I would be very grateful... I can't solve this problem :bonk:

Pocus

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Fuzzy memory here, have you tried counting the command cost, with a minimum of 1 per unit (no 0 cost).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

AntoniusBlock
Civilian

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:51 pm

If you could make an example...I'll appreciate that!! Such a brain-teaser... Thank you for your answers and explanations anyway. See you next time

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”