stagira
Conscript

Some ideas for a GC 1807-1813 scenario

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Foreword: I hope to be wrong, but it seems to me that in these forums the attention to NCP has been progressively decreased. Ageod staff should think upon it, because, even if other games have been better built (I mean, above all, AACW :coeurs :) , napoleonic era fans are far much more and, above all, FAR more addicted :bonk: than any other mi-hist era fans.

Since not every game engine feature are clear to me yet, this is just an hypothesis (or a dream). First of all because i'm not yet aware of the managing of .xls files.
Anyway:
1) it would be, of course, a french-player-only scenario, covering the period from july 1807 (Tilsit Treaty) up to winter 1812-1813; a further extension to summer of 1814 could be activated via event, switching Prussia and Austria side/faction (similar to Bavaria and Saxony in 1813 scenario);
2) the aim of this scenario is important: the top "need" of each Napo period fan is the testing of the "Mother of all what-ifs", i.e. the managing of a multiple front engagement, such it was the balance between peninsular "ulcer" and eastern Campaigns (1809, Russia, Germany);
3) the problems with the opening of these fronts could easily (?) be resolved "freezing" since the beginning the whole of Austrian and Russian armies, just unlocking them in the historical dates of their beginning;
4) the large scale reinforcement issue could be easily managed via event too. In France and its satellite countries, once (or twice) a year, some ordinary "levées" could appear in many french départements, at brigade level, leaving to the player the decisions about their sending to the needed fronts. For Coalition countries it would be the same.

I've got a vaste collection of detailed OOBs, covering almost everything of napoleonic era. So I'd gladly learn to manage .xls files, because it's the only thing I lack.
I beg someone (PhilThib? Pocus?) to show me where I can learn the job.
Cheers

PhilThib

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Get yourself familiar with the Napoleon's DB first, and have a look at the setup xls files there. Roam the modding forums, there is a wealth of information to gather from the various exchanges...
Once you feel acquainted enough, fire your questions... ;)

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”