UrsaMaior
Civilian

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Even if there is no sure NCP2, a big update would be nice. Something like including improvements made in BoA2. While I like NATO icons I somehow dont like the you lost 2 Gd elements in the after action reports. And yes other long campaigns too since units recieve reinforcements way too slow in short campaigns even if there are plenty in reserve.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 am

Aristotle? LOL. This guy is slipping into The Land of Math!!!!!

Maqver
Corporal

Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:03 am

Quote:
In general, saying that something should be A doesn't necessarily say that it shouldn't also be B

Aristotle got nothin' on you, brother.

Aristotle? LOL. This guy is slipping into The Land of Math!!!!!

LOL. And not A does not necessarily equal B just as A does not necessarily equal not B....except if your stack is bigger. Then all bets are off and hope for lucky dice or get the hell out of Dodge.

D_K
Sergeant

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 pm

i like the idea of a grand campaign, and would be more inclined to buy this if there was one. i realize that it probably would not follow historical patterns if there was a grand campaign, but would still like to play one. my whole point in playing strategy games is to try and change history, not repeat it. for everything else we could just read a book. so what if napoleon organizes his forces and invades russia a year or two earlier!!! it would make a great game anyways.

Nial
Colonel

Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:45 pm

Well, I certainly would vote for a GC for NC. And just for the record, we Americans are interested in alot more history than just our own. So using the American market/ players to justify the inclusion or exclusion of anything is a bit patronizing to be sure. My two cents.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:18 am

I vote for the grand campaign like in AACW. Replayability in NCP right now is too limited, and it's not very attractive in its current shape.

I would have no problem if the game is split into several smaller campaigns / wars, each encompassing 2-5 years, but with options to build armies and such.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Eia?

Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 pm

I always thought the strategic element in EiA, combined with the operational method of NC would work wonders. But it must a pain to code, because you would have to have a very detailed diplomacy system, with all the alliances which were made and broken during the period.

Oh, if you do embark on a grand-strat Napoleon game, could you make it from 1792?

PhilThib

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:11 pm

It will be the case....1792 or 1796..;-) ;)

vcczar
Private

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:34 am

1792 would be fun. Especially if somehow if Lazare Hoche or Joubert don't get killed, or Desaix. Imagine how France would have been different? Would they have prevented Napoleon's rise, or would they have been better Marshals under Napoleon. Imagine facing an army of Napoleon with corps under Massena, Davout, Ney, Murat, Suchet, Hoche, Joubert, Soult, Desaix...instead of some of the less gifted Marshals.

UrsaMaior
Civilian

Would be nice to see it in a game

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:16 pm

but that game would not be NCP 2 rather Empire In (H)arms v2. Or even a completely new game. I like it as it is only the improvements in BoA2 and some later campaigns are missing for me.

BTW what is a good strategy against an opponent who uses nothing but the smallest units (brigades?) and keeps on outflanking and cutting me? Even if I destroy say 2-3 of these pesky little units there is still 2-4 other left to make me to fal back to reestablish supply.

vcczar
Private

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:30 am

I disagree. The game would still be NCP2. You can just change the way in which France, and so Europe, are arranged by the time he makes his way up. It would also help determine who his top generals will be by the time 1796 comes around. Or 1796, would be fun, all the Generals I mention above would still be alive and would possibly survive to have surprising roles in Napoleon's reign.

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:38 am

I've started looking in to this game as well, based on my absolute love for AACW and BOA2. I think that while I might miss a grand campaign early on, I would still love the game for what it is.

I feel like the history behind what really happened would change too much if they put in a grand campaign. And while I'm not one of those gamers who wants the game to always end the same way as in did in history (like most WitP players) I just don't think it would make the game better.
"Have you got the rascal?" "No but he has got you!"

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”