Amaury
Private

Spanish Scenario - 1.04b - Bugs!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi,
I'm playing the Spanish war (one of my favourites) but it seems to be rigged with bugs!! :p leure:
- [color="Red"]Lisboa[/color]: Junot corps suddenly disapears in Aug 1808..!! Not an event (or at least not historically)..
Even worse: when i moved 2 division in support in Lisboa in view of Wellesley arrival, they disapeared with him! Also the fortress guns. All were replaced by a Garde de PAris and Vistula cavalry????

- Dorsenne gets promoted on his own after a victory (?)

- When taking cities, they are no garrisons appearing (isn't that automatic for cities of certain size?)

Offworlder
General

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 am

There are several threads on this campaign, but this is the first time that I heard that Junot vanished.

As to the auto garrison option, this does not exist for the French (except for French cities on French soil). The Spanish only autogarrison the larger cities when replacements are available.

Nikel

Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Offworlder wrote:There are several threads on this campaign, but this is the first time that I heard that Junot vanished.

As to the auto garrison option, this does not exist for the French (except for French cities on French soil). The Spanish only autogarrison the larger cities when replacements are available.

In fact Junot's unexpected disappearance has been previously commented several times :niark:

The Armee of Portugal vanishes because of Cintra Event, they have been defeated by Wellesley at Vimeiro but managed to "escape" from Portugal in british vessels. So the problem is not the vanishing, but that this is not reported by the game

Look at this thread, partly in french. Hoppefully the notification will be fixed in the next patch

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9952&highlight=cintra

Amaury
Private

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Well actually for Junot there was no battle when I reloaded the scenario.
I left the two divisions outside the area of Lisbon and they were fine. But all that was within disapeared. Then the Coalition a ttacked the Garde de Paris and Vistula cav...
dispairing...
have we got one scenario that is today bug-free?? :p leure:

Nikel

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:27 pm

AFAIK the Cintra Event consists of Vimeiro battle + Cintra convention

So the battle has happened though you have not seen it, and you cannot control it, not even avoid it, as Junot's Armee is fixed. This army is doomed, the game is designed in this way as this is what happened historically. What it is wrong is that it is not reported

From what I have read, some events are random, but not all. Some events will happen at a given time always, such us this or the arrival of Napoleon with the Grande Armee.

But do not worry, your army will come back! If you read what happened at Cintra Convention in the wikipedia link, after the defeat of Vimeiro the french were transported safely to France by british vessels!

But perhaps PhilThib could clarify? In fact it is annoying, it vanishes without any explanation :siffle: ;)

PhilThib

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 pm

The explanation exists, but only on the British side...you do not "see" it when playing the French... :king: ... it needs fixing...I just can't work on that right now (just came back today from the GC) :p leure:

Amaury
Private

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Ok got it.
You just need to make sure that you don'tsend troops the very month it is happening!! :bonk:

anyway it's my preferred scenario. so i'll play it again.

one key challenge is to actually garrison the cities that you take, hence my previous question on French garrisons that you see popping up in central europe.

Offworlder
General

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 am

Well the Army of Portugal vanishes if you don't manage to activate it. What I do sometimes is either a) allow it to be bombarded by Cochrane b) use it together with Kellerman's division to break out of Lisbon or c) put it in attack mode, less the emplaced artillery and hope that some single unit comes through and is engaged by Junot.

I have to agree with you that this scenario is the best one out there. A few tweaks and additions would make it truly fantastic!

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”