vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Can you slow down the battle circle ?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:19 am

Gentlemen:

Is there any way to slow down the speed at which the battle circle is displayed?

My only real frustration with this system is that there is no ongoing display of the combat, so you can see the events of a battle as they take place. It seems that the battle circle was designed to provide at least some of this information, but it flashes by so quickly.

Any help or insight you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks,

vaalen

Primasprit

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 am

Hi vaalen!

Is there any way to slow down the speed at which the battle circle is displayed?

You can change the speed of the 'battle animation' in the game options menu.

arsan

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:59 am

Hi
Yes, there is. Look at the options menu. I can't remember the exact name now but it will be something pretty obvious like "battle display" or something like this.
You cand select several delay options. But on the longest it will be only some seconds on screen. It gives you a little suspense :nuts:
But the battle report it's the realy interesting one. It gives you tons of details (check the tooltips ober every icon).

Regards

Edit: ups :bonk: i was too slow... :niark:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Can you slow down the battle circle?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Primasprit wrote:Hi vaalen!

You can change the speed of the 'battle animation' in the game options menu.

Hi. Primaspirit

Thanks for replying. I'll go to the game options and give it a try.

Thanks,

Vaalen

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:12 pm

arsan wrote:Hi
Yes, there is. Look at the options menu. I can't remember the exact name now but it will be something pretty obvious like "battle display" or something like this.
You cand select several delay options. But on the longest it will be only some seconds on screen. It gives you a little suspense :nuts:
But the battle report it's the realy interesting one. It gives you tons of details (check the tooltips ober every icon).

Regards

Edit: ups :bonk: i was too slow... :niark:

Hi Arsan

Thank you for replying. I'll try the longest setting, and will examine every icon in the battle report.

Regards,

vaalen

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:12 pm

Alas, even on the slowest setting the battle circle is much too fast.

Could Ageod consider including an option to really slow down the display, so it might take 1 minute, which would make it much easier to follow. I also ask that Ageod consider adding some narrative along with the circle, which could briefly describe the key events of the battle, as they happen.

Something along the lines of :

Davout's corps enters the battle

Napoleon commits the guard!

French artillery decimates the austrian cavalry

The coaliton forces break!

The above are just a few sample lines. Having this kind of report while the battle is going on would really help the game. At this point, I always feel that I have missed the battle. The after the action battle report lacks all suspense, and fails to describe many of the key events, such as cavalry charges, commitment of the guard, formation of squares, etc.

Ageod guys, what do you think?

regards,

vaalen

Skibear
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Yes, good thinking that man. Simple and effective newsflashs telegram style would be good feedback, without going down the road of some elaborate graphic

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:01 pm

I agree...this would really enhance the display.

Whilst I am here, I would like to suggest that the ledger contains your total amount of troops instead of having to work it out with mental arithmetic by pressing the shift key on each Corps or unit.

Also, the ledger F5 does not contain prisoners for all nationalities...for instance playing the Austerlitz scenario it only lists Austrian POWS not Russian. This seems to be the same for every scenario - just one nationality listed.

But....its a great game :)

Kev

benpark
Sergeant

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:41 am

Agreed with Vaalen's post about having a text based feedback of what is happening in the battle. It's really the only thing I miss about the game.

Franciscus

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Some kind of battle report would be great indeed, and has been asked and discussed also for AACW, many moons ago. But it seems to be a diificult endeavor.
Let's keep our hope, though :sourcil:

Le Tondu
Sergeant

My 2 cents

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm

I disagree with changing the battle graphic any further. I like it just the way it is.

The sounds are great and they help me to "picture" in my mind what could be happening.

At the operational/ strategic level that this game depicts, it is the result that I am mostly interested in. Not the tactical events. For feeding that itch, I look forward to other games that are in developement.
:)

Franciscus

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Just to clarify my post, I was talking about a post-battle report; it would greatly enhance the "immersibility" of the gameplay, IMHO.

paulferris1964
Conscript

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Kev_uk wrote:Whilst I am here, I would like to suggest that the ledger contains your total amount of troops instead of having to work it out with mental arithmetic by pressing the shift key on each Corps or unit. Kev

Amen to that! Would also be nice if it was broken down between infantry / cavalry / artillery in each corp

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:06 am

Le Tondu wrote:
The sounds are great and they help me to "picture" in my mind what could be happening.

Yup, fantastic sounds!

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”