Valgua
Conscript

A good Christmas present?

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi! I want to buy an early Christmas present to myself. I love wargames and I love the Napoleonic Era. Can this game satisfy me (thinking that I'll play almost only single player)?

Steph
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:54 pm

see in "first impression".
[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]"Ce n'est pas possible ; cela n'est pas français"[/font][/color]

Duc_d_Heilsberg
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:34 pm

And try the demo !
It's free and includes the first scenarios of the full game.
[color="DarkGreen"][font="Arial"]
L'art d'être tantôt très audacieux et tantôt très prudent est l'art de réussir.
[/color]Napoléon Bonaparte [/font]

LooksLikeRain
Conscript

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:36 pm

Just be aware of the other post I just read. There's no Grand Campaign in this one. And they are going to charge you for a new game when it comes out. If you want a Grand Campaign, just be aware of that before you spend your hard-earned money.

Henry D.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm

LooksLikeRain wrote:...And they are going to charge you for a new game when it comes out...
I may be mistaken, but that strikes me as a rather common practice in any business. No, wait, it won't stop at that, they even are going to charge You for an old game, just because You want to have it, despite of it being old... :8o: :sourcil:

Edit: Ehh, sorry, You were referring to the company having the gall to wanna be paid anew someday in the future for an intirely different game with grand campaigns, political, diplomatic and economic systems based on a quite different and advanded engine yet to be fully developed...

Indeed, how dare they! :siffle:

Nevermind, Henry :)
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Henry D.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:12 pm

LooksLikeRain wrote:...And they are going to charge you for a new game when it comes out...
I may be mistaken, but that strikes me as a rather common practice in any business. No, wait, it won't stop at that, they even are going to charge You for an old game, just because You want to have it, despite of it being old... :8o: :sourcil:

Edit: Ehh, sorry, You were referring to the company having the gall to at some point in the future wanna be paid anew for a entirely different game with grand campaigns, political, diplomatic and economic systems based on a quite different and advanced engine yet to be fully developed...

Indeed, how dare they! :siffle:

Just kidding, Henry :)

P.S.: If I'm not mistaken, Valgua already bought the game anyways... :innocent:
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Steph
Lieutenant

Trust me !

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:55 pm

Trust me, these guys (Ageod) provide what they promise ! they already did a huge amount of (free) work to make some significant improvements thanks to many patchs: I think they are about to provide us with the grand campaign (next patch)...but not so sure. Trust me, if you like TACTICAL games (you will not deal so much with economy, politics...so i think it is more about tactics than pure strategy....to be discussed) focusing on the battlefield (without micro gestion), if you are nuts of this period => rush to buy this great game, you will not regret it !

Bye :niark:
[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]"Ce n'est pas possible ; cela n'est pas français"[/font][/color]

ird
Sergeant

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:15 pm

I don't think the Grand Campaign will be in the next patch but Philippe did say he is working on two more large scenarios. And the Russian/Sweden scenario has already been added in the last patch

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”