warrenpeace
Private

Locked forces question

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:11 pm

In the Austerlitz scenario Mack's forces are locked to the Ulm region. However, they also do not seem to be able to enter the fort at Ulm. In addition, when they are attacked on the first turn, they are still locked on the second turn.

Is this behavior correct? It seems like you should be able to have them retreat into the fortress like they did historically. Also, once attacked they should be able to flee.

Warren

caranorn

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Normally you should be able to pull those forces into the city/fortress. At least I was able to do this in a previous version of the game.

For the second question I also had that happen to me, this is probably the Schulmeister event locking your forces once more. This represents Mack's indecision (or conflict with Ferdinand and various other commanders) whether to flee or stand and fight at this point of the campaign.
Marc aka Caran...

Henry D.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:51 pm

You still can drag and drop the locked TDPs into the fortress of Ulm in 1.02, but You must do it for each of the five stacks seperately. Drag-drop a stack into the middle of the city icon and right-click on the map. The TDP should disappear and a number of green ball icons appear on the bottom of the cities name, indicating that the force is now located inside the city walls.

Regards, Henry :)
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Nial
Colonel

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:10 pm

In the 1812 scenario the Austrian corp is stationed all by itself in the southern part of the map. ( Zamosc I think) I move them into the fortress and try to hold for relief. In the same turn I move the locked garrison into the Austrian corps stack. The Russians make a major push at the fortress. (like they always seem to do) Before relief, the Austrians are pushed out of the province by overwhelming odds.

The strange part is; the garrison remains in the fortress and is still locked.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Nial

warrenpeace
Private

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Henry,
Thanks for the tip. I can now get the troops into Ulm. However, the next problem concerns the defense from inside the fort. After the battle occurs, on the battle screen there is little icon that indicates the percentage of troops defending from inside the fort. It says there are "0". I think this is a bug.

Warren

warrenpeace
Private

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:15 pm

I just wanted to bump this to make sure that Pocus and Phillipe read this. After more playing I can confirm that on the battle screen it always reads 0 for the percent forces inside the city even when they are all in the city. Interestingly for the AI the percentage seems ok, i.e. when I attack it says 100% inside the city.

Is this a bug?

Pocus

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:56 pm

I intent to take a look at this issue today, rest assured.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:45 pm

This is a display error, the icon is light up but the number displayed is not the correct one. It should be ok for next patch, thanks for the input.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 am

Nial wrote:In the 1812 scenario the Austrian corp is stationed all by itself in the southern part of the map. ( Zamosc I think) I move them into the fortress and try to hold for relief. In the same turn I move the locked garrison into the Austrian corps stack. The Russians make a major push at the fortress. (like they always seem to do) Before relief, the Austrians are pushed out of the province by overwhelming odds.

The strange part is; the garrison remains in the fortress and is still locked.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Nial

Strange, can you send me the current turn and the turn before, in a single zip please? : support@ageod.com

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:07 pm

I am having the same kind of problem. I moved my army into Ulm on the first turn of the Austerlitz campaign. But they are still locked here on day 2 :tournepas
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.
Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Is there a way to manually unlock the force, as i guess it will be locked until attacked?
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.

Dio Chrysostom

PhilThib

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:30 pm

mmmhh....check your ingame messages and see if there is anything about "Schulmeister" :siffle:

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 pm

There actually is :niark: Was he introduced in the 1.02 patch, as I havent noticed him before? And would it be possible to add some text to the event, describing what the effects are?

Dio Chrysostom

PhilThib

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:02 am

Yes, this was in place since 1.00 but did not work before the patch... what happens is that Schulmeister locks the Austrians for another extra turn...at least it means the event functions properly...have you read (or been able to read) the description ?

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:05 pm

As you can see on the image I have attached, the historical describtion is there, but no mention of the effect. I also get five event messages, so is there five different effects for this event, or is it just a small bug?
The force is also locked for two additional turns, and not just one.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Here is the image :bonk:
Attachments
shumeister.jpg

Dio Chrysostom

PhilThib

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Thanls a lot... a strange bug I ve not noticed before...I'' check and fix. :coeurs:

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”