gwgardner
Brigadier General

battle 'circle' or whatever

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:34 am

I'm surprised I can't find any question about this, but perhaps don't know what to search for.

What info is contained in the wheel or clock-like battle representation that pops up during a battle?

Thanks for any help.

ltr213
Captain

Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:39 am

The 'battle clock' merely gives you an indication of who is fighting while the battle is being resolved. It also shows the location of the battle and gives you some idea as to the battle's duration based on the length of time the battle clock is displayed.

Of course, all this information is also displayed on the subsequent Battle Report so you can safely ignore the Battle Clock and still be fully informed.

Heretic
Conscript

Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:28 pm

It certainly makes waiting for the battle outcome more tense.

M.Lannes
Conscript

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:12 pm

ltr213 wrote:The 'battle clock' merely gives you an indication of [color="Red"]who[/color] is fighting while the battle is being resolved. It also shows the location of the battle and gives you some idea as to the battle's duration based on the length of time the battle clock is displayed.

Of course, all this information is also displayed on the subsequent Battle Report so you can safely ignore the Battle Clock and still be fully informed.

You say who but what means the change of colour around the clock it represents the force who are fighting or the result?
[LEFT]"Je redoute trois journaux plus que 100.000 baïonnettes"[/LEFT]
[RIGHT]Napoléon Bonaparte[/RIGHT]

ltr213
Captain

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:17 pm

The battle clock centers on the battle being fought so you can see which battle is being resolved.... the 'who' being which leaders are involved. You wont see the result until the Battle Report screen is displayed at the conclusion of the battle.

The change in color (i.e., to red) just indicates that a combat round is being resolved within the battle.

ltr213
Captain

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Correction...

Question: What exactly is represented by the amount of green and red on the "battle clock" circular bar?

Answer: It is the sum of combat power of unrouted units commited to the battle. Green is you, red is the enemy.

So there you go. Many thanks to Paul, the sharp-eyed member of our staff who pointed this out.

gwgardner
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:30 am

Watching the leaders inside the battle clock closely, one can see a tiny rectangle, with a number inside it, at the base of the leader icon. That number changes as the battle progresses. Can you explain what that number tells us?

Le Tondu
Sergeant

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:13 pm

A little bird told me that number reflects the number of glasses of wine that commander consumes during the battle. :siffle:
:)

Nial
Colonel

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:53 pm

gwgardner wrote:Watching the leaders inside the battle clock closely, one can see a tiny rectangle, with a number inside it, at the base of the leader icon. That number changes as the battle progresses. Can you explain what that number tells us?

The number at the bottom of the leader counter is the total amount of seperate forces in the stack. It changes during battle as forces arrive into the region. ( march to the guns ) Or as forces engaged route or retreat out of the region. *smirk* At least thats what I think it is! :)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

M.Lannes
Conscript

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 am

ltr213 wrote:Correction...

Question: What exactly is represented by the amount of green and red on the "battle clock" circular bar?

Answer: It is the sum of combat power of unrouted units commited to the battle. Green is you, red is the enemy.

So there you go. Many thanks to Paul, the sharp-eyed member of our staff who pointed this out.

No no sorry for my englih ^^ :niark:

ltr213
Captain

Battle Circle Explained

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:40 am

Here's an example of the 'battle circle' annotated with the information it contains.

[CENTER][ATTACH]1661[/ATTACH][/CENTER]
Attachments
battlecircle.jpg

M.Lannes
Conscript

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:36 pm

ltr213 wrote:Here's an example of the 'battle circle' annotated with the information it contains.

[CENTER][ATTACH]1661[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Just to be sure the colored circle represent the ratio of the force present on the battle region and not the strengh.

Because some times due to luck or good strategy i win battle with a negative ( i think it s better to say lower than 1 if it s a ratio) ratio which is close to 1 against 10... but if i watch the strengh of each army the ratio is better.

ltr213
Captain

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm

The ratio represents the number of COMMITTED and UNROUTED elements in any one combat round. You'll notice that the ratio changes as new Forces enter the battle.

Rafiki

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

... *and* the number of routed elements increases ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Prins van Oranje
Corporal

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 pm

I assumed it had more to do with territorial gains and losses. An abstract representation of the battleground. The reason I think this is because during one attack on a fortified city the red portion indicated 90% and yet I still won the battle. Surely, if it were simply a matter of troop numbers then the enemy would've prevailed?
Alte Vorwarts!

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”