Deca
Corporal

Scale & number of Turns?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 am

I am looking into NCP, and so far it looks as if the scale of the game & numer of turns might be smaller than AACW?

So my questions are as follows:

1) Does this game have a "Full Campaign" like AACW or just scenarios?

2) What is the longest/most turns any of the scenarios/campaigns can be played? In AACW it it 114 turns with each turn being 15 days.

3) How does NCP & AACW compare/contrast to another another?

I found the following in the online manual:

"Napoleon’s Campaigns consists of a number of scenarios that are divided into game turns each representing one week (7days) of game time."

and

"When starting a new game, players are presented with a list of available scenario. These range from relative short scenarios to full campaign games. Short scenarios are limited in scope and involve less territory on the game map. Full campaign games, like the Spanish Campaign 1808-1814, involve entire theaters of play and literally hundreds of individual Leaders and units."

...which led me to believe if accurate those could be some very good long games (which I hope to be true as I prefer longer duration in games).
"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell."

Crusadre
Civilian

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Hello Deca,

I just got the game a few days ago and learning it.
Anyway, I'm going to attempt to answer your questions.

1) There is no full campaign as in AACW. The reason is, for what I have read, that Ageod has not yet finished a diplomatic system which will come with their next game (vainglory of nations). Such system would be necessary for a full campaign and there is hope that when it will be done, Napoleon's campaigns will be revisited by the team and a full campaign will be added.
I will add that there is no production system for your troops in this game, you receive reinforcements as defined in the scenario.

2) the longuest scenario is the spanish campaign (295 turns). For the others, it vary between 7 to 77 turns (but most of them are between 25 and 40 turns).

3) I have not the experience to compare both (I also just got AACW a few days ago). For what I see, AACW is the complete thing. NCP isn't so. You have no production system, no full campaign but it's good game anyway. Scenarii seems interesting. For the period, for the campaigns you can play with various and very different situations, I'm glad to have this game. And I hope that some day, there will be a full campaign.

I hope this reply help you but I have no doubt than there is people here which will have a better knowledge of the game than me.

Crusadre

Deca
Corporal

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:09 am

Crusadre wrote:the longuest scenario is the spanish campaign (295 turns)

That's excellent.

Crusadre wrote:For what I see, AACW is the complete thing. NCP isn't so. You have no production system, no full campaign

That's a huge disappointment.
"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell."

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”