jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Rafiki wrote:[color="Blue"]I have collected all discussions relating to Jasta's continuing and rather verbose "resignation" in this thread, since it all really is sides to the same issue.[/color]

To make things shorter and clear you could move copy of the threads from NCP-Dev. pages here or awywhere publically opened!
Indeed some of us, me included, went long quite rudely, there!
If we can get a more politically correct but true version here, so good!
If my verbosity and presence here is disturbing, you have to say it clearly.
It was not me to start:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=103602&postcount=17
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=103634&postcount=20

Franciscus

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Come on, guys, enough... :(

Please remember: this is games we are talking about... We players (even if "coordinators", "team members", "beta testers", "modders", or whatever) are here for the fun. Troubles, anguish etc. should be strictly for our "real lifes" and for the AGEOD employees (this is their "real life" after all... :neener: )

Regards

Rafiki

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Since there have been questions and a series of PMs about this, I wish to provide an overview of what has happened. I hope I can alleviate the questions and speculations surrounding this by this statement.

As everyone knows, both Jasta and Nikel have done good work as modders in their respective fields of interest. Since AGEOD has a history of acknowledging good modding work and of incorporating the best elements of such in the official versions of the game, Jasta and Nikel were invited to join the NCP beta/improvement team, which they accepted.

As it turned out that the other members of the team were not prepared for Jasta's way of communicating. When this proved to be a challenge, none of the people involved were able to acknowledge it and take the necessary steps to find a way to resolve it and accommodate the others. Instead, things continued to the point where frustration turned things sour, and from there on, things went further downhill.

It finally reached a point where Jasta and Nikel did not wish to remain part of the NCP team, something that has been heeded. Jasta has additionally chosen to no longer make his mods available for public download, which, of course, is his choice to make.

In short, I consider this to be a failure of communication. Since communication always involves more than one person, this is not a situation where blame can be placed on any single person, even if people had wished to do so. I am, though, truly sorry for the way it turned out, leaving the community poorer for it.

As for the future, both Jasta and Nikel are (of course) welcome to continue the work they have been doing before all the above happened. Pocus sums it up nicely above:
Pocus wrote:Your excellent mods are always welcome in the forum, for the benefit of the community and players of NCP. I'm sure they would be delighted to see them back.

In my opinion, far too many people have by now spent far too much time on this issue already. I suggest we let these issues rest and instead return to playing, discussing and making these games :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Franciscus wrote:Come on, guys, enough... :(

Please remember: this is games we are talking about... We players (even if "coordinators", "team members", "beta testers", "modders", or whatever) are here for the fun. Troubles, anguish etc. should be strictly for our "real lifes" and for the AGEOD employees (this is their "real life" after all... :neener: )

Regards

+2

If the modding, forums, greenies, and lordy titles aren't fun, there is no point for the poor forumites.

:neener:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:26 pm

On my onw I assume the affair is closed!

Thanks for clarifications

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Dear all,

Indeed, let's not get complicated when the story is quite simple.

What has happened is unfortunate and we are ready to take our share of responsability even if we can't do much about it.

If you are reading this and wondering what's going on, it's just because you are missing a lot of conversation which have been going on in the Dev forum and directly through ICQ/PM etc.

However, don't be afraid. There is no hidden drama and nothing to be ashamed of. A member of AGEOD will soon publish a statement exposing the situation we (AGEod + modders) have faced and what decisions had to been taken. :(

Everybody here is full of good will and means no ill, even if we are all disapointed. However, tomorow is another day. We can hope things will improve with time. :coeurs:

So, I suggest everybody waits for the statement as things will be clearer then. Right now, I'm afraid our discussions are a bit puzzling for the rest of the community. :)

Thanks

Best regards,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”