Jagger
AGEod Grognard
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Introducing Pool change Events

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:02 pm

In my Kilcavalry PBEM, I have introduced cavalry brigades and artillery brigades into the game. However on my side, CSA, only one of the cavalry brigades fired and none of the artillery brigades. I asked Kilcavalry to tell which brigades fired on his side.

Can anyone see any problems with the events below? I know the existing pool already has a couple of VA cavalry brigades but I am unaware of any others. So listing one should cause the brigades to appear. Although there are no Union cavalry brigades in the original Union pools and I had to provide 2Pa Cavalry brigades to get one Pa cavalry brigade to appear in the recruitment pool. The CSA had no artillery brigades at all. So they are using totally new units. There couldn't be any pre-existing CSA artillery brigades.

Any ideas? Anyone spot any errors in the events below?


SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond, VA
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_61CSACavalryPool|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, VA|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1861/07/20

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_61CSACavalryPool
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Cav4NC;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Cav4GA;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Cav4AR;1

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond, VA
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_62CSACavalryPool|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, VA|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1861/12/01

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_62CSACavalryPool
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Cav4LA;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Cav4AL;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Cav4SC;1

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Prince George's, MD
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_62CSAArtBrigades|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, Va|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1862/02/01

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_62CSAArtBrigades
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6SC;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6NC;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6GA;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6AL;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6LA;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6MS;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART3KY;0
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART4KY;0
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART4TN;0

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Prince George's, MD
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_63CSAArtBrigades|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, Va|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1862/12/01

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_63CSAArtBrigades
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6SC;2
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6NC;2
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6GA;2
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6AL;2
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6LA;2
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART6MS;2
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART3KY;0
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART4KY;0
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_ART4TN;0

EndEvent

EXAMPLE OF WORKING CHANGEUNITPOOL EVENT FROM VARIOUS EVENTS FILE.

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond, VA
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_63HQs|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, VA|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1863/01/01
MaxDate = 1863/03/01

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_63HQs
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Hq2;1

EndEvent

User avatar
McNaughton
Posts: 2766
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 pm

well, what I see is a space in Richmond (I see "Richm ond")

Jagger
AGEod Grognard
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:46 pm

I just found the problem. I had the wrong set of modded units in the unit folder. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

It is working 80% now. All the artillery batteries showed up but only two of the four cavalry brigades. However I am testing with the 63 scenario. I know there are some cavalry brigades already in the game. My guess is I will find the missing two brigades are already in the game.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests