Guru80
Colonel

Custom Scenario showing in New Game list?

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 pm

I put my Bentonville scenario together and saved it and now it isn't showing up in the New Games list. It did at one point and I can't remember editing anything that would change that.

What do I need to make sure of so it shows when the player chooses New Game? The scenario file is in the Scen folder and the rest of the files required are in the right locations. I even made an empty AIGuidexxx file for it an that is in the include folder as well.

Thanks, I know it is something simple since it use to show up. I just never got around to uploading it for others to play and was going to do that just now. I am also working on a March to the Sea Scenario as well (my Bentonville one turned into Sherman's march through the Carolina's). I like working on the slighly longer than one battle scenarios but short enough it can be realistically finished in a day or 2 depending on your time available (or slightly longer if you take an hour+ per turn).

Primasprit

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:10 am

Hi Guru!

The scenario should show up with the name you defined via the command ScenDispName.
Maybe you used another scenario as template and didn't change the ScenDispName-Command? If this is the case you should see two scenarios with the same name in the scenario list. One of it would be your scenario. :)

Cheers
Norbert

Guru80
Colonel

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 am

Primasprit wrote:Hi Guru!

The scenario should show up with the name you defined via the command ScenDispName.
Maybe you used another scenario as template and didn't change the ScenDispName-Command? If this is the case you should see two scenarios with the same name in the scenario list. One of it would be your scenario. :)

Cheers
Norbert

That's odd......I checked, double checked and checked again and I changed it to the correct name for the scenario in the ScenDispName and it just isn't showing? It is in the Scen folder where it belongs, name is specified, it isn't showing anymore..

hmm.....actually, I think I might know what it was. My LocalStrings file got messed up and was causing problems so I over-wrote it with the default one. Let me check and see if that fixes anything. That is the only thing that has changed.

Guru80
Colonel

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:08 am

Figured it out....I didn't have any of the scenario strings in the localstring file...doh....fixed and will be uploaded tomorrow for everyones long awaited enjoyment ;-)

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”