Guru80
Colonel

What do you need to edit to....

Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:57 pm

Include an Army name that isn't originally included. I have 1 major obstacle to making this scenario I am working on authentic (as determined by the Battle of Bentonville OOB on wikipedia).

They have Sherman in command of the Grand Army of the West. If I include that as the army name I get something about unreferenced something or other in FactionDef (can't remember the exact error msg as I just named it Army of Ohio (to test) and it works fine that way).

So what I have found through a lot of Trial and Error is if I use an Army name that I know is in the game it works just fine. If I use the Grand Army of the West as stated on Wiki I get the error.

Any ideas? Is the name of the Army that Sherman was in command of a different name?

Primasprit

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:50 pm

Take a look to the faction files in the directory [font="Courier New"]AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\GameData\Factions\[/font].
There is a section [font="Courier New"]GHQInfos = ...[/font] where you can add more army names. At least I think you can do that. I never tried. :)

Cheers
Norbert

Guru80
Colonel

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:12 pm

Thank you much Primasprit. I will look into it.

Just got my weekly injections into my back for Chronic back pain from degenerative Disc Disease.....I watched my ex-wife get Epideral's when my children were born but at least she had medication that numbed her from the waist down...all I get is an Epideral Steroid Injection and it is NO FUN AT ALL....

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”