Guru80
Colonel

Adding (to) screens

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:35 pm

Is it possible to actually add to the game such as adding screens? I have only been working on the units and scenario but got to thinking about a few things I would like to add like changing some stuff on the actual display for battles and adding a new screen or 2.

Is that possible or are we locked into the shell of the game and can only alter the data?

Rafiki

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:11 pm

I'm quite sure that you can't do that, unfortunately, since they would be controlled by program code, and I can't remember ever seeing any mention of interfaces to something like that.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Guru80
Colonel

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:00 pm

That would be nice if the scripting language allowed for total manipulation of the game. I guess it is better to keep my scenarios identical to the game as it is anyway though I have some ideas I would love to incorporate.

Rafiki

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:16 pm

It's a while before AGE will allow total manipulation, if ever, I think ;)

You can still pitch your ideas though; there might just be fewer people that can do something about it.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:08 am

One day, when we will be mighty and rich, perhaps we will be able to pay for a licence like this one:

http://www.scaleform.com/

(this is the interface middleware used in Civ IV)

and bye bye all interface constraints and bottlenecks...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”