wiltaz
Corporal

Model Custom Names

Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:31 pm

I've been checking over the default files that come with ACW and then doing some testing in the April 61 scenario as I'm trying to mod this one. I wanted to understand how the program used certain fields, especially the names since we can't change them in game and I wanted to know where to concentrate my efforts in the models and units I define.

What I've noticed is that the models file has alot unique regiment names in it, but when you recruit a Bde that uses let's say 3 of these regiment models then you get a Bde that uses a name from the custom names field of the units file for the Bde and each element gets the generic name of the model so they are far from unique. Now through events and scenario setup you can define names for elements. But when recruiting units I thought it would use the custom names field. Is this not working or are the custom names in the model's file not used for that? Do they have some other purpose I don't understand?

Edit: Found my problem with the unit names. Still haven't figured out the model names.

wiltaz
Corporal

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:58 am

Anyone?

Pocus

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 am

Model names are not yet used, but this is definitively something which will be, in the near future. I would say in the august patch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”