JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

[Rise of Prussia] Seasons hardcoded?

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Hello! Since I'm trying to simulate shorter movement-intervalls than days, I've run into the problem of winter-mechanics.

I'd like to know if I can make winter set in on the basis of TURN(-cycles). For example, I'd like winter to set in at turn x and last until turn y.
All I could figure out is that the start of winter seems to be defined via "months" (see the weather-pattern-files; e.g. Alpine/March/coldwater/snow/20%). But I can't find any alias for "month". So I guess that months are hard-coded based on the turn-intervalls (e.g. turn48_1-48) that are used?
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]
- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 pm

whatever the turn scheme used, month is hardcoded to be 1/12 of a year, so I don't think you have to change anything but the values here, not the number of entries.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you for your answer, Pocus! :)

So it's true that it is hard-coded as it is (via months/ 1/12s of a year) linked to a "year". And since the maximum number of turns per year available is 48, I have no chance to get winter to work on a different scale. I was thinking about using two years as one year (48x2=96 turns à 7 (half-)days) but it seems that this wouldn't work then as the winter-mechanic (and, not that much of a problem, the labeling of the current date/turn) would interfere. Tant pis, but thanks for clearing that up! Much appreciated!
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]

- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”