Jagger2013
General of the Army

Modding cohesion recovery

Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:34 am

I would like to mod the rate of cohesion recovery. I have looked at the models file and the gamelogic file. I have plenty of modifiers to alter the loss of cohesion but I have found nothing that modifies cohesion recovery. So is it possible to modify cohesion recovery rates or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Here is one solution. There are a couple of abilities that adjust cohesion recovery. Take the medical services ability and give to unit models to increase cohesion recovery rates. It appears you can also modify the cohesion recovery percentage up or down with the abilities. So I think you can increase cohesion recovery rates at least up to 100% and maybe more. The last step is too make the ability invisible on the units like some of the hidden attributes. I am working on that. Also I am going to rename the ability to make it cumulative with hospitals which also have the medical services ability.

The reason I wanted to adjust cohesion recovery is because it takes too long to recovery cohesion with 7 day turns. If a unit loses 50points of cohesion, it can take the unit up to 5 turns or 37 days to become battle ready again with 7 day turns. That is too long for 1920 Poland or Wrangel. With normal cohesion recovery, you can't come close to duplicating the pace of operations such as the advance from Minsk to Warsaw. Works great for earlier time frames such Gettysburg or Waterloo but not 1920.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”