Jagger2013
General of the Army

Converting from 15 day turns to 7 day turns.

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:17 pm

I am thinking of converting the Polish-Russian 1920 War scenario from 15 day turns to 7 day turns in RUS. The war only lasted from April 25 to Oct 1920. Plus the Polish area of operations is pretty small compared to all of Russian. I know how to switch the game to 7 day turns but I am thinking about the setup changes required. I know I will need to adjust all the turnindex events. I suspect I will have to adjust regional decision events as well. In particular, conscription, money, etc type events need to take longer. Anything else that might need to be changed or would cause problems if not done?

Leibst

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

The text in the string file LocalStrings__AGE for the turns.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 am

Ok thanks, that is one I forgot.

For anyone else considering changing the turn length for a scenario, here is the list I have for converting from 15day to 7day turns:

1. change turn value in setup file from 24 to 48.
2. change number of turns locked for fixed units.
3. check whether event probabilities should be adjusted.
4. adjust TurnIndex values for events
5. adjust values by 1/2 for city production of $, conscripts and War supplies in Cities file of setup.
6. change EP production in Setting file.
7. change model percentages for upgrades.
8. double time required for execution of regional decisions in RegionalDecision folder.
9. change turn text in string file

Maybe more but that has to be most of it.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:00 am

Which setup file and where exactly is the value - thanks ;-D

PhilThib

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 am

Jagger2013 wrote:Ok thanks, that is one I forgot.

For anyone else considering changing the turn length for a scenario, here is the list I have for converting from 15day to 7day turns:

1. change turn value in setup file from 24 to 48.
2. change number of turns locked for fixed units.
3. check whether event probabilities should be adjusted.
4. adjust TurnIndex values for events
5. adjust values by 1/2 for city production of $, conscripts and War supplies in Cities file of setup.
6. change EP production in Setting file.
7. change model percentages for upgrades.
8. double time required for execution of regional decisions in RegionalDecision folder.
9. change turn text in string file

Maybe more but that has to be most of it.

10. Check the Terrains files to adjust speed / terrain move costs (usually it means dividing by 2 the values there)

grimjaw
General

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:13 pm

11. Modify some of the abilities.

Please correct me if I misspeak here. Some abilities, like loyalty adjustment, work per turn. That means you'll convert population loyalty in half the time if going from 15 -> 7 day turns. In CW2, the Occupier ability is set for a rate of change of 5 percentage points per turn. Loyalty will only accept integer values so it can't be exactly half the amount as before. A similar issue applies to training. The base rate of the training ability in CW is 1 XP per turn, but since you can't apply a 0.5 value to experience(?), you have to either live with a much faster improvement of units or increase the prograte value of a large number of models. The Patriot ability will produce double the amount of conscripts as before if not changed. There may be others but I am still working on converting.

... and possibly increase the progression rate of the abilities as well.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”