Hobbes

OR condition

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi folks, I have either forgotten or never got round to using the method to add an OR condition to an event. I remember a way of adding an OR condition was posted some time ago but I can't find it - not an easy thing to search for. Can anyone post a link or explain how to do this? (Otherwise I will continue to add two events as I have in the past - unless I find the inspiration to try and work it out for myself).

Thanks,
Chris

PhilThib

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 am

IIRC the OR condition never worked or was never made...the only (odd and cumbersome) way is to test the first condition of the OR in an event, triggering a new 'ok' event, then the second event does the same, then if you get an 'ok' event, then you proceed to what you want to achieve...hard but not impossible

Pocus

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

less hard than having modders trip into the carpet because they mix up logic tests ;)

to do an OR, you define a set of conditions in Event 1, if it's ok, then event 3 is activated.
You then do the same for your other set of conditions (event 2).

If either event 1 or event 2 is ok, event 3 will thus trigger.

Yes hard and cumbersome I know... :confused:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hobbes

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks chaps. That's what I have been doing - for some reason I thought there was a better fudge. No matter.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”