Tirailleur
Private

AI takes command

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi everybody, :gardavou:

I have some strange questions (I think):

1.) Is it possible to modify the game (files) in that way, that the AI takes command of both sides and out-plays a campaign (AI vs AI)? or a part of it?

2.) Is it possible to command only one army of a nation, while the AI takes command over the remaining supreme command? Perhaps also, that you support the campaign as an allied nation with a small army, while the AI plays the allied american units.

ageod: Thanks for this awesome game and awesome following games... :coeurs:

Pocus

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:10 pm

1. is possible, I use it when I test the AI, but I don't think I have exported the option for now. Can be done rather easily if you want to see.

2. not feasible, sorry

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Tirailleur
Private

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:20 pm

1. is possible, I use it when I test the AI, but I don't think I have exported the option for now. Can be done rather easily if you want to see.

That would be fantastic :)

Tirailleur
Private

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:00 pm

Pocus wrote:1. is possible, I use it when I test the AI, but I don't think I have exported the option for now. Can be done rather easily if you want to see.

Hello Pocus,

can you show me how this works with AACW ? Or can you ad this feature, please ?

Pocus

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:50 pm

oops, in the turmoil of the release I forgot about that. I will add the functionnality for the next fix, and this is noted, rest assured.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Leibst

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:42 am

1.- I think that could be possible in this way, suposse playing BoA. First enter the game as American and give no orders, hit to execute the turn, the AI make the orders file for British and the turn is executed.
Then get out of the game. Open a window with the explorer, go to the files of your game, load in the directory the files of the previous turn, here you have the file orders for British if there is a file american.ord delete it. Load the game and enter as British, execute the turn. Here you have a turn woth only AI orders.
2.- If you want to command a single army then change the orders the AI has made and give your own orders. :indien:

Pocus

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:17 am

yes you can do that indeed.

variable exported for this evening...

Tirailleur
Private

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:18 am

Leibstandarte wrote:1.- I think that could be possible in this way, suposse playing BoA. First enter the game as American and give no orders, hit to execute the turn, the AI make the orders file for British and the turn is executed.
Then get out of the game. Open a window with the explorer, go to the files of your game, load in the directory the files of the previous turn, here you have the file orders for British if there is a file american.ord delete it. Load the game and enter as British, execute the turn. Here you have a turn woth only AI orders.
2.- If you want to command a single army then change the orders the AI has made and give your own orders. :indien:

Yes, I made it that way with BoA sometimes.

But now, it's implemented (in AACW). Thanks, POCUS :coeurs:

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”