wosung

How to exmap?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Downloaded Exmap from the link you gave in the Beukelst... I mean Leibstandarte Thread
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24465-Exmap-doubts #8
(BTW you should make this new exmap version sticky in the official files for modding. The old version there is configured for AACW).

Used Ms Paint to cut, copy, paste a part of the corresponding global map & jumpmap from PON for a new map & jumpmap respectively,
and get this:

The attachment Exmap.JPG is no longer available

Why the doubled main map?
Why the fixed blue lines where ever I point without pressing any button?

What did I do wrong?

Thanks & regards
Attachments
Exmap.JPG

PhilThib

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:02 pm

A lot of things... ;)

If you want to start fresh, you can't re-use old stuff...you need your own Map.bmp file, your own jumpmap.bmp, erase all regions data except region0 (which you will erase once you enter Exmap and redo your own Region0)... all you see are links and lines that are not read properly because the map size changed, among other things...

You should first decide which map size you want, which part of the world, and then make a bitmap for it...you'll be cutting regions after this first step...

wosung

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Ok, so no copy & paste for the map.bmp?

Thanks!

Leibst

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I show you my exmap folders.
With arrows my SCW folder and their bmp files. My SCW folder initially was a copy of the FOO folder that exmap has.
In the Folder Regions leave only one file, the region0. And then begin to work!
The attachment exmap.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
exmap.JPG

wosung

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks a lot!

Just with the slightest glimpse on how the exmap procedure works makes me appriciate your learning by doing even more.

So, what software do you use for making those map/jumpmap -bitmaps, which map size / turn length do you plan for SCW?

Best regards

Leibst

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 pm

You're welcome ;)
I use both Paint and Gimp. Im testing with turns of one week. Be patient with Exmap. One important rule is to put at least 3 dots between two regions and NEVER make a dot the frontier between 4 regions.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”