Hohenlohe

Adding New Leaders and Units per Event to either PON or AACW...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Dear fellows, after reading to so many threads here I want to ask if it would be better creating an alternative Campaign scenario or to add a special event file related to some new flavour units and models and leaders to incorporate those to an existing campaign...??

To explain it somehow better:
For PON I want to introduce some ahistorical units like the fantasy legendary submarine "Nautilus" with the legendary "Captain Nemo" as an addition or an very early Zeppelin-like Airship for the current GC1850 and some other units which will come sometimes later...and some european volunteer flavour brigades or such else...

For AACW I want to give the CSA some additional flavour brigades as "European Volunteers" which will appear after a new event has triggered...
I want to trigger a "European Volunteers" event after the "Trent AFFAIR" has happened thats one point.
The new flavour brigades would use some european models used for the french and the British and such else like a "French Volunteers Legion" or as "Lafayette Legion"(french origin) and the "American Legion"(british origin units) and the "Dutch Legion"(units which looks somehow prussian and bavarian and dutch) with some additional totally new leaders (some of them promotable to 3star) and some totally new CSA naval units using eventually british ships models as an additional event related group like something as "european supporters build or spend new warships or commerce raiders for the Southern Case with eventually some new naval leaders.
I hope that I can implement enough new leaders using existing blank model files...

Some other thoughts I had was the introduction of a "Hunley" submarine model or even a special submarine like the "Nautilus" related to a some flavour events like shown in Victoria 2 related to the "Nautilus". And even some simple Balloon Airship model and unit because the Austrian had first used Balloons in the 1848 War against Venice as bombarding vehicle and as somethong moveable...I saw some model which seems to be useful...
This means eventually creating or implementing new graphic models and new unit and model files which should be useful...thus I need some tips which cheap or free graphics program would be useful and which resolution will be needed and how to change some more modern pictures into appropriate image files for any use with either PON or AACW...

Okay thats enough stuff for now but some tips would be welcomed...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”