Gray_Lensman

deleted

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:51 pm

deleted

Clovis

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:07 pm

look at the agewiki site for more detailed and streamlined infos about AI commands.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:18 pm

deleted

Clovis

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Thanks... Appears I need to edit my older document to remove the incorrect entries. I hesitate to toss it aside altogether because so much of the information is valid for other commands and it's my source for info when I don't have access to the internet wiki.

I think there's a need for an accurate NON-internet source of AGE engine commands so that the Modder is not dependant on a constant link to the internet for up to date information while developing events.

For example, when I'm working on event syntax, switching/searching between internet based information sources sometimes results in the loss of the work to that point. A single document (local computer based or hardcopy) saves a lot of development reference hassles.

AGEWIKI is the best tool these days; I've just discovered regional values may vary from -999 to 999; with the old docs, I believed it was from0 to 200...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Rafiki

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Gray, there are tools that allow you to "harvest" websites for offline use. Not that they are too popular with siteowners (since they provide a significant impact on the server, compared to regular visits), but used correctly, they're quite handy :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Clovis wrote:AGEWIKI is the best tool these days; I've just discovered regional values may vary from -999 to 999; with the old docs, I believed it was from0 to 200...

The -999 to 999 is for the CHANGE value. The resulting region value must still be a positive value (>0). I don't thing that there is a upper limit, though, so the value is between 1 and ???????)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:19 pm

deleted

lodilefty

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:22 pm

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AI.SetLocalInterest just added, as only the Chg version was Wikificated... :blink:

Regarding the negative value question. In the code for AI.ChgLocalInterest:

cuFaction.AIGuide.dlLocalInterests.AlterValByKey(ObjectUID, Value, True); // arithmetic sum (with old value). Entry removed if sum is <= 0
if not cuFaction.AIGuide.dlLocalInterests.KeyExists(ObjectUID) then // if the key does not exists anymore, then it means minimum interest, 1
cuFaction.AIGuide.dlLocalInterests.AlterValByKey(ObjectUID, 1, True);

and from AI.SetLocalInterest:

cuFaction.AIGuide.dlLocalInterests.AlterValByKey(ObjectUID, Value, False);
if not cuFaction.AIGuide.dlLocalInterests.KeyExists(ObjectUID) then // if the key does not exists anymore, then it means minimum interest, 1
cuFaction.AIGuide.dlLocalInterests.AlterValByKey(ObjectUID, 1, True);

These code lines limit the minimum value to 1, but place no upper limit...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:I've saved web pages before for reference purposes, but viewing those pages still requires paging thru Internet Explorer based browser pages. (online or not)

I'm referring to the useful information by itself in a single PDF or .DOC format. If the wiki can be updated to contain up-to-date accurate information on most if not all event syntax commands and show sample uses, I might just make such a standalone document myself and post it for everyone as an additional tool. (Similar to Hobbes' old Quick Reference Guide). The issue is to make sure the info is correct, up to date and not confusing.

Good idea, but there are new commands and modifications to commmands happeninig every week as PoN develops.

An off line document will get into the same issues that the Game Manuals have.... Which is why I started:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/WIA_Manual :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 pm

deleted

Tomatorider
Civilian

Question about AI commands

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 am

i dont think so but if you add a very expensive product to a factory it can do it by itself. that leaves trading stations out though so that doesnt solve your problem im geussing?

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”