Stwa
Colonel

Merchant Ships

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:38 pm

A long time ago I remember setting up Merchant Ships for BOA. But I musta forgot about them, but now I have been adding them to some of the scenarios. Whats cool about em...

1. They are basically just transport ships, but with even less defensive firepower.

2. I have added a few at the beginning of the game in ports.

3. As the game goes on, I have a few spawn in the Atlantic regions. I use a big region list and let the game pick one.

4. Watching the AI deal with these is pretty funny.

5. As a player, you now have to try to hide these so they wont get rapined by enemy warships.

6. Of course, you can still use them for transport. Makes sense, but as the American player that could be somewhat dangerous.

lodilefty

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Cool.

For the WiA fans out there, be aware that merchant ships exist in WiA [aka BoA2], but have no transport capacity. They exist solely to generate Engagement Points in the Shipping Lanes....

...and as targets for Privateers. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 pm

lodilefty wrote:Cool.

For the WiA fans out there, be aware that merchant ships exist in WiA [aka BoA2], but have no transport capacity. They exist solely to generate Engagement Points in the Shipping Lanes....

...and as targets for Privateers. :)

I thought this was the BOA section... :niark:

Here, you actually have to move em around, and there is just not a lotta sea regions for hiding. You can put em in port, but when the port gets captured, the ships sail out to sea again. In the case of the American player, that would be WRONG! :tournepas

lodilefty

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Stwa wrote:I thought this was the BOA section... :niark:

<snip>

...and who says I've given up on BoA? :coeurs: :)

Just anticipating imminent confusion... first I create confusion, then I fix it! I was an expert at 'self-generated job security' prior to retirement, and old habits die hard! :niark: :niark:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm

lodilefty wrote:Just anticipating imminent confusion... first I create confusion, then I fix it! I was an expert at 'self-generated job security' prior to retirement, and old habits die hard! :niark: :niark:

Are you feeling OK there Lodi... It looks like your forehead is sweating a bit...

Merchant ships could be used for transport!

Remember Dunkirk.... :niark:

lodilefty

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Stwa wrote:Are you feeling OK there Lodi... It looks like your forehead is sweating a bit...

Merchant ships could be used for transport!

Remember Dunkirk.... :niark:

Doh! :bonk:
I was citing the design in place, not 'could be', athough maybe we should add the attribute. :)

They do, however, make great resupply ships for a force at sea....

I apologize for hijacking your thread. :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:40 pm

lodilefty wrote:Doh! :bonk:
I was citing the design in place, not 'could be', athough maybe we should add the attribute. :)

They do, however, make great resupply ships for a force at sea....

I apologize for hijacking your thread. :(

You know Lefty, you're a great guy. I mean someone has to repsond to my posts, right? I know, its a hard job, but someone has to do it!!

I just hope and pray, your not working for free...

Tell me thats not true... :niark:

lodilefty

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Stwa wrote:You know Lefty, you're a great guy. I mean someone has to repsond to my posts, right? I know, its a hard job, but someone has to do it!!

I just hope and pray, your not working for free...

Tell me thats not true... :niark:

What, and ruin my hobby? :coeurs:
Get up each morning and feel like I MUST do something today? :fleb: :nuts:

..but not to worry: to date, I've recieved in fair compensation $49.99 in software [depending on the exchange rate]. :niark:

...and many new "e-friends" :king:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

wowgold79wow
Civilian

WOW GOLD-Resilience or Damage

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 am

There are two different schools of thoughts right now for arena rogues about World of Warcraft Gold .Some go all out on resilience; others get very little of it. In the end, it still depends on what comp you play.

newodvdo
Civilian

Damages Season 1-3 DVD BOX SET

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:09 pm

ImageDamages Season 1-3 DVD BOX SET
  • Price:$16.99Purchasing Damages Season 1-3 DVD BOX SET requires only $16.99, which is 40%-60% of the price on eBay even plus the postage, in addition, we will present three most popular DVD movies. It will be a not bad choice for you to enjoy them by yourself, present them to your friends, sell them out or dropship(dropshipping) them to your clients.
  • Image Image Image

Return to “BoA Mods”