lodilefty

Weather matrix

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:57 pm

I've 'volunteered' to review the weather patterns for BoA2. :sourcil:

I am familiar with weather in the northeast regons, but welcome inputs on the rest of North America east of the Mississippi river...

I have a hard time believing that rivers freeze south of the Potomac and swamps get snow in Georgia, at least in game terms [30 days of difficult weather!]

I also don't believe that the 'Little Ice Age' prevalent in the mid-late 1700's was severe enough to freeze southern rivers and put snow in the swamps!! :niark:

So, give me your tired, your poor, your weather thoughts..... :nuts: :siffle:

...and if you help, I'll even publish as a BoA mod..... :cwboy:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Why a mod...if it is good, we can even include it in BOA2 :siffle: :sourcil: :coeurs:

lodilefty

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:26 pm

PhilThib wrote:Why a mod...if it is good, we can even include it in BOA2 :siffle: :sourcil: :coeurs:

That's the intent [and which will happen first?], but I want inputs from the general community as well as the BoA2 beta team.... :sourcil:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Walloc
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:41 pm

lodilefty wrote:
I have a hard time believing that rivers freeze south of the Potomac and swamps get snow in Georgia, at least in game terms [30 days of difficult weather!]

I also don't believe that the 'Little Ice Age' prevalent in the mid-late 1700's was severe enough to freeze southern rivers and put snow in the swamps!! :niark:

Im in no way an expert. I just saw a program on National geografic.
According to the program that was actually a hot spot where weather changed pretty "dramaticly" to warmer weather in just 30 years in the mid 1700 hundres. Scientist use/study it apparently cuz of the "lack" of emitions of carbondioxid back then and still weather changed fairly fast.

It might be some thing to look into i dont know where tho.

Just 2 cents,

Rasmus

lodilefty

Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Walloc wrote:Im in no way an expert. I just saw a program on National geografic.
According to the program that was actually a hot spot where weather changed pretty "dramaticly" to warmer weather in just 30 years in the mid 1700 hundres. Scientist use/study it apparently cuz of the "lack" of emitions of carbondioxid back then and still weather changed fairly fast.

It might be some thing to look into i dont know where tho.

Just 2 cents,

Rasmus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

The LIA followed a warmer period [MWP 'The Medieval War Period']. The time frame of BoA/WIA is the latter part of the LIA.....

.... but global climate change [today's version] is potentially the precursor of another ice age! I'm hearing about the effects of the receding ice sheet at end of the Illinoian glaciation when it [theoretically] started to drain copious amounts of fresh, cold water out the St. Lawrence rather than the Mississippi: probably started the Wisconsin Glaciation [the last one: ended ~10,000 years ago].... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

I know, too much information! :niark:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

FM WarB
Colonel

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:09 am

I just breezed through the Greene '80 scenario. My first major college term paper, some years ago, was entitled "The Winning of the War in the South, the Guilford Courthouse Campaign."

I expected the oob mistakes, but the snow seemed especially odd. Occaisional snow in New England is ok, but down there, it was rain, from what I've read.

wowgold79wow
Civilian

Cheap wow gold hot online

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:55 am

This is ugamegold. http://www.ugamegold.com . We are a professional company selling cheap wow goldand guild wars gold also other game gold included.

Return to “BoA Mods”