lightsfantastic
Colonel

Changing the Autoraise Month

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:07 am

Any idea of where I can do this?
Want to change autoraise from July to May.

Stwa
Colonel

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:00 am

lightsfantastic wrote:Any idea of where I can do this?
Want to change autoraise from July to May.

In the events file for a given scenario.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:33 am

Stwa wrote:In the events file for a given scenario.

Thanks

Pocus

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:03 am

No you can't. You can enable or disable the autoraise rule, but the turns are hardcoded ... for now.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:46 pm

Pocus wrote:No you can't. You can enable or disable the autoraise rule, but the turns are hardcoded ... for now.

So how does one say have a unit that disbands every year WITHOUT autoraising.

Working on a raising British Provincials in the FIW, akin to how the Continental Line is done. Since I will have to bring them in via event in May, how do I make sure they will disband, unless trained up, without having any ADDITIONAL regiments autoraise in July. (Militia autoraising in July is fine.)

Stwa
Colonel

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Pocus wrote:No you can't. You can enable or disable the autoraise rule, but the turns are hardcoded ... for now.

So, based on what this says. I suppose one could make an entirely new scenario. Compltely re-named and all. You could enable autoraise, and it would only occur in February and July of each game year, right? If so, the best strategy might be trying to not use it, if possible for your scenario.

Stwa
Colonel

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:07 pm

lightsfantastic wrote:So how does one say have a unit that disbands every year WITHOUT autoraising.

Working on a raising British Provincials in the FIW, akin to how the Continental Line is done. Since I will have to bring them in via event in May, how do I make sure they will disband, unless trained up, without having any ADDITIONAL regiments autoraise in July. (Militia autoraising in July is fine.)

You can have events that remove units from the game.

Return to “BoA Mods”