Carnium wrote:Any luck with finding the mods Stwa ?
Just watched The Last of the Mohicans again and would like to play BOA a bit more
Stwa wrote:I'll check some stuff out. If I do upload, it won't be before BOA2 is released.
Stwa wrote:Hi All,
I am getting to a good stopping point with some of the modifications I have done for BoA. I began work just after Thanksgiving and since BoA2 will be out very soon, there will not be much interest in this mod. Also, since many of the graphic files have been changed, renamed, or deleted, the mod must include these changes, and therefore is large. Because of its size, it cannot be uploaded here, so I must find another site that will host it.
I have made many changes, so many I probably can’t list them all. I have included several new scenarios, and made changes to all the others. Some scenarios were deleted, like the Tutorial, and the 1775 Alternate Campaign. Many events have been changed, and the reliance upon the auto-raise feature has been much reduced.
I have included some new graphics that were really created from copies of BoA originals. I am not an artist, but this work was really more like knitting than artistry.
I am still testing some of the modified scenarios, but should be finished soon.
Here is a partial listing of what I have done:
1. 1812 Campaign (but not Huron area)
2. 1778 Campaign (north and south together)
1. Eliminated all files that were not being used by the game.
2. Eliminated redundant graphics files.
3. Renamed all graphic files to a consistent naming convention.
4. Modified battle report back and detail back graphics.
5. Modified ribbon graphics for ledger.
6. Added new German and British (line infantry) AWI graphics. (modified from original BoA graphics)
7. Provided a better 1813 American militia graphic from existing BoA set.
Maps, Areas, Regions, and Weather:
1. Added Great Lakes and Vermont Areas.
2. Added Great Lakes Weather Pattern.
3. Modified all other Weather Patterns, particular attention to the Deep South.
4. Modified all map edge and OMB graphics for a uniform border appearance.
5. Eliminated the Vincennes OMB and “Great Plains” from corresponding graphic files and modified adjacent links in the region files.
English Language Game Strings:
1. Changed all scenario historical backgrounds for content, indention, and grammar.
2. Changed all scenario objective descriptions for content, indention, and grammar.
3. Changed all Army names used by tabs.
4. Changed most all event texts (line and full).
5. Many, many, minor context modifications to AGE and BoA strings.
1. Changed all German model, unit, and leader data.
2. Added composite German grenadier and fusilier units.
3. Separated German leaders from their units and eliminated fictional German units.
4. Eliminated fictional American Privateer units.
5. Modified protection values for all leaders.
6. Modified command costs for some leaders (3 star), and many units.
7. Made naming consistent throughout the database, particular attention to short names, use of titles, initials, and prepositions (von, van, de, etc.).
8. Eliminated tracks from all regions.
1. All scenarios re-built under v 1.12a with required data base corrections.
2. Louisiana, Pensacola, and West Indies, “ownership” corrected in all scenarios.
3. New or modified objective and strategic cities in most scenarios.
4. Many of the shorter scenarios have longer durations.
5. 1776 and 1778 Campaign auto-raise feature has been completely re-worked.
lodilefty wrote:Wow! I just re-read this! These are great ideas!
While some of these concepts and ideas are already 'in' or 'being put in' to WIA, it would be great if you could share this in detail for further review and incorporation! WiA is already a collaborative effort between developers and modders....
Our intent is to make WiA the best it can be.... ouet:
Is this thing on? <thump, thump>
Stwa wrote:OK, I'll PM them to ya. The models and units spreadsheets that is...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests