Stwa
Colonel

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:11 am

:w00t:

Pocus

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:02 am

Not really, too much changes...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Stwa
Colonel

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 am

Pocus wrote:Not really, too much changes...

Have you ever thought to allow the modifcation directory to be described by a parameter to the exe at startup (instead of the modpath.ini file).

This way people could just make a shorcut and append a parm to the end of the exe name and path like "/modpath=JaggersMod". Then you could have different shortcuts to start up their corresponding mod.

:bonk:

Pocus

Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:43 am

This is a good suggestion, we will add this in our todo list. Don't ask me about the ETA though ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Mr Bill
Corporal

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:21 am

I just bought BOA direct from AGEOD, and am enjoying that one very much so far! :) I am looking forward to BOA2. :D

Just out of curiosity, what would be the benefit of using BOA as BOA2 mod?

runyan99

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:48 am

Well since BoA2 is supposed to be an improvement over BoA, I'm not sure that there would be any need or interest in playing the old version for those who have both.

PhilThib

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:00 am

This shall not work, not same engine and too many major changes... :bonk:

Stwa
Colonel

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:38 am

To all,

Remember that the FIRST game in a series, IS ALWAYS the BEST game!! :niark:

Well, a matter of opinion obviously. It depends upon what you like to see in the game. I like BoA simplicity, (i.e. no ecomony, no politics, no other stuff). Its more or less a pure wargame. I can play it to conclusion (1776 scenario) in an evening, and my 12 year old son, has a shot at enjoying it without getting mired into taking 45 minutes to make a move.

To some, this is not enuf, but for me it is. I would like to see BoA engine used for tactical level stuff. Like Civil war battles and the like.

And for BoA2, my wishlist would have included an ocean of more graphics (units/models), not more game functionality. But, I am not trying to SELL the darn thing, so there! A lot of the things I did with my mods was to UNDO some of the changes that were made to BoA, and to move it back closer to its original design. (like eliminating tracks, and the leader protections, etc..).

In five years, BoA will be considered a classic game. I am going to sell my copy on EBAY for some big bucks then. :sourcil:

Stwa
Colonel

BOA runs in BOA2!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!

There still are a few glitches I have not resolved yet, like the stuctures not displaying, and the positions of the unit dots on the mini map.

But it does process the map, does turns, etc...

I had to re-compile the scens, of course. (just one so far, for testing)...

Svetabiptutle
Civilian

BOA as a BOA2 mod

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

Actually was gonna ask you about this plane, noticed those files b4 but just added them, but the other thing I noticed was under the chrome folder you had a must go in folder, but it wasnt in showing that under the p80 folder so wasnt sure if it only must go in if using chrome.

Return to “BoA Mods”