Stwa
Colonel

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:23 pm

:bonk:

Stwa
Colonel

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 am

A while back I did some 1863 ENG vs USA on this map. It was fun. So now I am going to do some more.

I am going to try to modernize the city names and add new cities to my 1861 map until it seems a little more ACW. I am OK with the older woodwork. Nevertheless, things go much better for ACW when you use BoA. Turns go much faster. Fewer turns too, because of the 30 day turns. Combat is just as fun, and you don't have to do production, or the economy, or plan for new units and replacements.

Here I have added Manassas, and renamed Fort Cumberland (from Washington's day) to just Cumberland.

Then I turned Yorktown into Fort Monroe, and I am going add the Ironclads, the back the start date to April, so there are a few more months to piddle around.

[ATTACH]26126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26127[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:46 am

Just to be clear, ACW is integrated into the BoA game. So I can pick ACW scenarios next to AWI scenarios, etc.

[ATTACH]26128[/ATTACH]

Franciscus

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:03 am

Amazing stuff, Stwa !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you,

I do enjoy working on this thing, and for some reason (in this forum) I hardly ever get to talk to anyone. Of course I should come by more that once a year. :wacko:

Who would have thought that most of the ACW battles are right in the center of the BoA map.

I just recently found out that you can get reliable OOBs for just about any ACW battle from the Wiki, so at this point the next scenario is just a few minutes away.

The Gettysburg battle was a little rough, even for the AI, and what was REALLY funny (I laughed out loud), is that during the game I moused over Alexandria and the tooltip said there were 116 units inside. :bonk:

And just for fun, I had 2 corps at Baltimore but I refused to assault. We just blew them ALL away with the massive artillery you get with these armies. This reminds me that in BoA (for the 18th century stuff) I have Ammo Wagons. They are just like supply wagons but they don't carry any food. Just ammo. These would have come in handy.

Next I am going to reduce all the units in the game - considerably. BoA works differently and doesn't need all that variation. It cuts down on the errors. For instance, I am reducing 32 infantry units on each side to 10.

Return to “BoA Mods”