orca
Lieutenant

1776 Scenario request

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:41 pm

I have a request for the next patch that I think is quite simple.

The start of the 1776 campaign is not historical. In particular it bothers me that Daniel Morgan begins the game stacked with Arnold outside Quebec City. In reality in the failed New Year's Eve assault on the city General Montgomery the overall commander was killed, and Daniel Morgan was captured. Morgan remained in British captivity until the spring of 1777. I imagine after Saratoga the British must have been quite annoyed that they had made that particualr exchange.

At any rate, Anthony Wayne is not used for the rebels in the 1776 campaign. He actually was with Arnold outside Quebec in January 1776. I would ask that in the initial set up for the 1776 camaign Morgan be replaced with Wayne. For cosmetic reasons it might then be nice to switch the identities and strenagths of 'Morgan's Light infantry' (which is currently with Morgan outside Quebec) and 'Wayne's Light Infantry' (which currently starts outside Boston with Washington).

These changes will have ne real effect on gameplay, and would make the starting OOB a little more historical.

Thanks.

PhilThib

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Should be easily done...I'll prepare it for next patch. Thanks :coeurs:

orca
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:48 am

So let me push my luck then.... :)

Ethan Allen was captured by the British in 1775 in Montreal (November I think). He was not exchanged until May 1778. So he shouldn't be in the 1776 scenario either. I would switch him with Seth Warner. He doesn't appear in the 1776 scenario, and in reality commanded the Green Mountain Boys when they got away from Burgoyne in 1777, and led the reinforcements who saved the day for the rebels at Bennington.

PhilThib

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:57 am

Duly noted... :coeurs:

Return to “BoA Mods”