Stwa
Colonel

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:18 am

:blink:

FM WarB
Colonel

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:19 am

Anything that shows more information without covering up more map is a good idea.

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:51 am

FM WarB wrote:Anything that shows more information without covering up more map is a good idea.

Well, unfortunately, these beeg panels do cover up more map. And sometime they seem silly, when you are only displaying a stack with 1 or 2 units in them.

But, when you are looking at the really beeg stacks, then they seem more valueable.

I am going to add Civil War scenarios, (from the early period, and in the East obviously), to my mod. I have got the data ready to go. I just haven't appended it to the BOA data for the model and unit spreadsheets yet.

I think I can borrow the 1861 scen from civil war and modify the regions it references (basically) and come away with something. Its going to be at the regiment level, so there will be a lot of units in a stack. No command control either, everything done ala BOA.

BTW, I basically ripped the graphics from the ACW demo, so I won't be distributing this to the public at all.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Stwa wrote:BTW, I basically ripped the graphics from the ACW demo, so I won't be distributing this to the public at all.

FYI, Public demo does not mean Public domain. Copyrights still apply.

Cheers,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Stwa
Colonel

Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:52 am

Korrigan wrote:FYI, Public demo does not mean Public domain. Copyrights still apply.

Cheers,

Korrigan

True, but I am going to be modding the ACW graphics kinda like I did with a lot of the BOA graphics. I will be changing out heads, changing sizes, applying a sharpening filter to them, and rotating some of them 180 degrees in the horizontal. And then popping them into my BOA game.... :sourcil:

Hope this is Ok.... :niark:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 am

Obviously no, this is not OK.

Otherwise every company looking for nice civil war graphics for her game could do the same thing... :siffle:
You can of course do whatever you want at home, but if you made such a work available to public, without formal authorisation from us, you could run into trouble. :(

Using our engine and our graphics to copycat one of our games, is getting close to the frontier in terms of modding.

It's not that I'm particularly worried about your work and your intentions, but I have to draw the line for everyone. Indeed, we may use the WiA engine to cover new periods such as the 30 years war. Imagine our reaction if someone came and said: "hey, I did a free 30 years war mod by stealing the graphics and databases from the free demo"... :8o:

Modding is authorised to improve our games, or import new personal contents.

Modding our engine to cover new conflicts is authorised with previous agreement from AGEod (cf: 2nd Punic war mod).

Modding our engine to copy another AGEod game using old AGEod contents requests explict and previous agreement from us.

Please take contact with Philthib for all these legal and agreement matters.

Cheers,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Stwa
Colonel

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:18 am

Hello! Korrigan! Knock Knock!!! :niark:

Did you even read my post above??????? :niark:

I explicitly stated ----> "so I won't be distributing this to the public at all." :niark:

In other words, my ACW mod, I will be doing at home, for myself only. Now, is there something wrong with that?

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:44 am

STWA, I've read carefully your post, now please read mine:

It's not that I'm particularly worried about your work and your intentions, but I have to draw the line for everyone.

And so I did.

Even if you are doing this for your pleasure only, the very fact that you are posting about it forces me to make the rules clear for everyone.

Once again:

You can of course do whatever you want at home, but if you made such a work available to public, without formal authorisation from us, you could run into trouble.

I think this is pretty clear and this rule should not bother you given that you do not intend to make your work public.

Cheers,

Korrigan

Return to “BoA Mods”