FM WarB
Colonel

The new adventures of an old modder: Leader model files

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:51 am

I've been experimenting changing values with wordpad in these files. So far I have changed ImageID = symbol_general_1.png numbers to show different numbers of stars; leader rank, Title and Strategic settings with no problems.

I'm a little leery about the Is Promotable setting as I am unsure how promotion works. Can there be more than one 3 star general in each faction? If the lone 3 star general gets killed, and no one is promotable will there be no three star general anymore?

What would happen if two leaders with the same effective rank and the same seniority were in the same group? Is such a thing possible, or would it cause a problem?

Pocus

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Is Promotable is a calculated field, if the database has a new entry for the leader, then the answer is yes, otherwise, it's no.

No particular problem if 2 leaders with same rank and seniority are on the same stack. The one created first by the engine will be the commander.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FM WarB
Colonel

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Are all promotions scripted events?
Can there be more than one three star general per faction?

lodilefty

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:31 pm

FM WarB wrote:Are all promotions scripted events?
Can there be more than one three star general per faction?

Not sure about your first question with BoA. AACW allows 'experience to generate new seniority', which I haven't seen yet in BoA. [different version of engine] I haven't run BoA at 1.13d enough to be sure.....

Yes, a faction can have numerous 3*, sorts them out same way it sorts out the 2*.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA Mods”