lightsfantastic
Colonel

Moving/Adding Cities

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:40 am

How does one move/add cities?
What are the steps neccesary to do this properly?
Specifically the moving of Saint Jean in Acadie one region further south to the mouth of the St. Jean R. where it actually is.
I've done it on the cities_control tab of the Scenario.xls I am modding and moved all relevant units there, but how do I get what I've done on the cities_control tab into the game?
I've also had to make a change to the region, Penobsquis, from wild/track to civilized/track. How do I get this in the game?

I am also adding two new Indian Tribes to the Maine/Canada border area and moving the Micmac northeast along the coast. I have editied the setup & cities tab of the scenario.xls and added in the events for Winter to the relevant indian scenario.xls. Is this all I have to do?
Thanks for any help.

Primasprit

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Specifically the moving of Saint Jean in Acadie one region further south to the mouth of the St. Jean R. where it actually is.
I've done it on the cities_control tab of the Scenario.xls I am modding and moved all relevant units there, but how do I get what I've done on the cities_control tab into the game?
I've also had to make a change to the region, Penobsquis, from wild/track to civilized/track. How do I get this in the game?

1. I used for the example the 1775Campaign. I edited the scenario file to create a new scenario instead overwriting the old one.

Save as csv with the correct field delimiter:

After that export with the CSV-Splitter and copy as usual to the BoA scripts-directory.

2. On the cities tab I edited the entries as shown below:

Save as CSV with the correct field delimiter setting:

Export with the CSV-splitter. Set the marked entries to zero (or you will run into trouble as the CSV splitter will misinterpret the last column).

Rename the file to it's correct name as written in the scenario file (in my case Cities75Mod.inc). Copy it to the BoA include-directory.

3. Start BoA in the Edit-Mode (F9-Key).
The city moved, the Civ-level changed and a track is there too.

Hope this helps. :)
Cheers
Norbert.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:32 am

Thank you sir.

Pocus

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:17 am

May the power of the Wiki bring this stuff in the right place! :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:10 pm

Pocus wrote:May the power of the Wiki bring this stuff in the right place! :)

AMEN!

BoHill
Civilian

BoA2 Will Fix This?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Will BoA2 fix the incorrect placement of St. Jean?

Return to “BoA Mods”