Guru80
Colonel

Update - Scenarios and Program

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Just so everyone knows they are coming along wonderfully.

Now the bad news...I know some of you aren't going to like this but I am going to release all of them at the same time as a package. I am almost done with the program discussed previously and I have just started the finishing touches on my 4th scenario. They have been played tested by 3 people I know but they will most likely still have room for improvement when released and I know I am going to have to make some changes to Sherman's March through the Carolinas to make it historically accurate.

Campaigns finished/working on
March to the Sea
March through the Carolinas
Peninsula Campaign
Battle of Chickamauga
Battle of Spotsylvania Court House
And much more to come......

This will be my Christmas present to the AACW community and Ageod for giving us such a fantastic Civil War game. It should be out well in advance of Christmas however (in a week or 2 I figure).

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:17 pm

:niark:

Perfect for those of us who simply don't have the time (or inclination) to play the full-war, all-theater scenarios.
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

arsan

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Great news! Thanks for your work! :coeurs:
But.. what its this program you are talking about??? :bonk:
Cheers!

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:06 pm

How many times has this happened to you? (Assuming you don't own one or more of the super-expensive, large-scale, comprehensive atlases of the Civil War.)

You are reading a textual account of some Civil War campaign (say, for example, Foote's Civil War trilogy, having a few maps but not many). The narrative, the force movements, the campaign logic are hard to follow because any of:

--There is no accompanying map.
--If there is a map, it is B&W, simplified, omits vital geographical details, etc.
--The map is small, fits in just a corner of the page.
--The map is clipped, and peripheral forces and details are left out (off to the side, unseen).
--The map is static, not dynamic (much less interactive).
--You have a modern geographical atlas of the campaign area, but it is cluttered with distracting additions (new towns, highways, etc.) developed in the many years since the campaign being described.

A picture is worth a thousand words. An interactive computer simulation is worth a hundred battlefield maps.

Quite apart from their value as games, in these AACW campaign scenarios, we have unprecedented tools for historical exploration.

Something I have wished for in all my life-long reading of military and Civil War history.

:niark:
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!

Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org

PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org

AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333

Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

bigus
General

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:22 am

Looking foward to the scenerios.
I'm Glad I did'nt start the peninsula scenerio :cool:
Guru you should PM me with your list of up and coming scenerios.
I'd rather not have conflicting ones. I will tell you I have only one
in mind which is the Kentucky Invasion 62 which is on hold till I finish the Trans Mississippi one.

bigus

marecone

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:32 am

arsan wrote:Great news! Thanks for your work! :coeurs:
But.. what its this program you are talking about??? :bonk:
Cheers!

Program! Is it battle statistic or perhaps in game generals history :sourcil: ??? Tell us, please :p leure:
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Pocus

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 am

That is excellent news Guru! If you agree, we can check them between ourselves (the team) and perhaps propose them officially?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Chamberlain
Captain

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:15 pm

Guru80,

Thanks for the updated status...... :hat: :hat:

Sounds awesome, can't wait :p apy: :p apy:

:dada: :)

Thanks

Chamberlain

Guru80
Colonel

Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 pm

Pocus wrote:That is excellent news Guru! If you agree, we can check them between ourselves (the team) and perhaps propose them officially?

Definitely! If they end up being to your expectations I would be honored :gardavou:

Pocus

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:42 am

I'm sure they will, but send them so that I can verify ;)

Seriously, I would like to get all scens at most for december 18, so to get some days playing and checking them for the Xmas patch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

macnab
Private

scenes

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:27 am

Thanks very much for your work, i d/loaded some of your scenes, trans Miss, etc, very good, im new and still trying to learn game, ,had demo ,but got full game cple days ago, i put scene files in scenes,but didnt know what to do with the folders,(i d/loaded the Zip) ? thanks again Mac

Pocus

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Scens with Demo won't work well, as you will get missing data or generals.

macnab
Private

scenes

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:41 pm

Sorry pocus ,you misunderstood me, i do have the full game now,and thats what i put the scenes in, but, i didnt know what to do with the folders of trans missip,etc with loads of files inside, do they just go into the main game folder or are they nothing to do with the playing? ie: just the workings out of the mod scenes? thanks

Pocus

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:42 pm

You need to put the scn in the scens folder and the sct in the events folders. The rest is not needed if you play, but ask the modder to confirm.

GShock

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Best Xmas ever!!!!

Go go go guru!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

macnab
Private

scene

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks Pocus ,will do as you advise, Mac

bigus
General

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Pocus wrote:You need to put the scn in the scens folder and the sct in the events folders. The rest is not needed if you play.

Yes it seems the Include files are Imbedded into the SCN file when it is generated but the SCT files or event files are not. It does'nt hurt to have the INC files in the Includes folder though. Either way the scenerio if it has Events must be Zipped with the SCT files. Thats the way I see it right now but I could be wrong. As I said It does'nt hurt to include the INC files.

bigus

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:34 pm

Pocus: Please do this. I agree with the scenario outlook.
Shiloh is a great scenario. Merry Christmas all. T

macnab
Private

scenes

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:16 am

Thanks for all answers and help, great xmas to all here, Mac

marecone

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Sooo :siffle: Guru... Any news of programs? Hope you didn't quit your work.

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Pocus

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:14 am

I'll need your scenarios within 12 hours or they won't make into the Christmas patch, and even now it is not guaranteed, depending of the time needed for a thorough evaluation.

Sending this by PM too.

Return to “AACW Mods”