Jagger
AGEod Grognard

Indian Allies

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:28 am

Any chance we can get the file which includes Indian strategies?

I would like to change alliances for several Indian tribes in the 75-83 campaign.

Thanks!

Pocus

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:33 am

This will be a bit tricky, because Indians are part of one of the two factions (there are only two factions in BOA or AACW), so in essence we fix them but they are already sided. Then we switch them to the other side if an event occurs. If you understand that and are ok with this limitation, you can check the Indians76g.xls for example in the BOA DB archive.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jagger
AGEod Grognard

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 pm

As a workaround, wouldn't creating new models and units for the three specific tribes and then simply making them part of the American faction, work?

PhilThib

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:23 am

It would, but this will not prevent some 'tricky' event handling anyway (if only to handle the fate of the previously neutral / pro-british version of the same tribes)

iroquois
Private

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:11 pm

wy not put a third faction...the indians, in overall they fought the wars like independent nations...and for us players will be spectacular...

PhilThib

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:42 pm

The game handles only 2 sides, but may accomodate many factions. I plan to have the Indians as a new faction in the upcoming gold version... :indien:

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:18 am

And how about Confederate Indian Allies (Mounted Rifles from the Five Civilized Tribes, main Indian CW participants) in AACW? Or, maybe, some sort of stand-alone scenario (like Tory and Indian War) embracing Indian Territory? Such as CSA campaign against Opothle Yaholo (winter 1861/62)?

I plan to have the Indians as a new faction in the upcoming gold version...

Great!

P.S. For BoA, Pontiac` Uprising of 1763 would be very good "Indians Only" scenario... :indien:

PhilThib

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes, the Pontiac war is planned (as well as Lord dunmore's war and the Fallen Timers 1794 campaign)

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:35 pm

May I ask, why just the Fallen Timbers campaign, not Little Turtle War in general, or, say, Harmar`s and St. Clair`s expeditions?

P.S. "Tory and Indian War" scenario was wonderful, thanks! :)

PhilThib

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 am

Because I have no (yet) OOB data. Whatever you can give me, I'll take it and make it a scenario.

I need:

- at start forces for both sides (troops, names, leaders, locations)
- possible reinforcement
- possible events during the time frame
- 'objectives' of both sides
- a small historical commentary to serve as scenario desc.

Thanks

iroquois
Private

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:16 am

in the 75-83 campaign we have no western war...were are the shawnees, the mingos, the wyandots??? and were are the british war captains like the girtys or claus or alexander mackee???? this is a important part of the war

iroquois
Private

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:22 am

for the complete glory of boa gold you must put the indians like independent player...imagine that i want play the iroquois in the american revolution, i folow my strategie independent of the british, or americans...and conclude a peace if a see that the war is lost...or play the ohio confederation and instead of kill americans i overrun the british possessions in the nortwest...given the indians an independent play you can change all the game and transform a great game in one umbilievble

PhilThib

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm

iroquois wrote:in the 75-83 campaign we have no western war...were are the shawnees, the mingos, the wyandots??? and were are the british war captains like the girtys or claus or alexander mackee???? this is a important part of the war

Send us a condensed record of all that info and they will be here. I just can't find the time to both research process them now.

Also, the game has no third-party play option for the time being: it's a contest between two sides...so unfortunately the Indians can't be played indepedently.

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:05 pm

unfortunately the Indians can't be played indepedently.

Such approach is quite correct historically. Those Natives who were really interested in European affairs were European allies, satellites etc... Iroquois were pro-British. Pontiac was pro-French. And those Indians who were really independent... usually they didn`t cared about Europeans at all and didn`t have any serious political goals. They could participate in colonial wars, but only just for fun.

Indians themselves, of course, could think they were independent politically. But usually they`ve already became dependent economically. They`ve got accustomed to European goods and literally couldn`t live without it (the main cause of Pontiac`s Rebellion is good example). Therefore in was very difficult - if possible at all - for them to pursue completely independent policy.

Whatever you can give me, I'll take it and make it a scenario.

I`ll check some info... if it could be adapted for the game scale, I`ll inform you, OK?

PhilThib

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 am

Perfect :indien:

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 pm

I plan to have the Indians as a new faction in the upcoming gold version...

Could you say a bit more about it? This gold edition`ll be full stand-alone CD version, or, maybe, scenario set or patch available for free downloading?

iroquois
Private

your game is fabulous

Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:51 pm

ok, ok...but please compose the american revolution scenario...and guys your game is fabulous, the best i see...i have one challenge to you guys...in the next project after boa gold, perhaps you can change the game rules and make a colonization game. i'm portuguese so please excuse my english...lol

iroquois
Private

me again

Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:59 pm

for the subject of the american revolution in the west, please i read a great, great book about that... " WILDERNESS WAR ON THE OHIO" you couldnt find better. i agree that the indians a economicaly dependant of the withes, but they can destroy this dependance if it threats is independence like a people...all in all if you an adjust the indian participation in the game will be better...another question in the french and indian war give langys a figure in the game he was a great war captain and deserves appear in the game, and please let the french struggle with the little supplies in new france, and adds more events like bad weather not only in winter. imagine that i decide make one expedition and have to cross a river in some distant territory but if by some sort of event the river floods, and i have no more supplies you see the problem i have...

PhilThib

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Eric Buzzard wrote:Could you say a bit more about it? This gold edition`ll be full stand-alone CD version, or, maybe, scenario set or patch available for free downloading?

check it here http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4145&highlight=Gold

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:42 am

" WILDERNESS WAR ON THE OHIO" you couldnt find better.

Do you mean this book? It`s really outstanding...

check it here

Thanks! Here in Russia BoA was published by Akella. I`d like to know whether they`ll publish Gold version too...

iroquois
Private

wilderness war on the ohio

Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:45 am

no, no...i have this book too, save come tweaks this book is a good lecture, but the book i talk is the best on the subject of the american revolution in ohio...the book you talk is about the war in upstate new york...

wilderness war on the ohio by alan fitzpztrick...

if you like the subject you can confirm the great this book is...it's outstanding

one question, you play the old koei game liberty or death?
it´s a great dos game in the strategic and tactical way.

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Right now I`m reading "The American Revolution in Indian Country" by Colin Galloway... Briton`s point of view.

one question, you play the old koei game liberty or death?

Certainly. :) But it`s without Indians at all. :(

iroquois
Private

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:39 pm

Certainly. :) But it`s without Indians at all. :( [/QUOTE]

not at all, you have the rangers units and certainly they include some indians...lol

the book i talk is the british point of view to. from galloway i read the abenakis of vermont it´s a good book . i read some time ago the iroquois in the american revolution by barbara graymont, a good book also. and when we the early american lovers have the oportunity to play a sequel of the game colonization? not the clones...

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:46 am

we the early american lovers

"We"? :) "You" - maybe, but as for me...

"To Serve with the Indians as Occasion Shall Require."
- The Mission Statement of Butler`s Rangers, 1777.

So... :indien: :)

iroquois
Private

i desagree

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 pm

all right...i don´t love the americans today, they are arrogant people, but i love the history of american colonization and expansion...it's a charming history...i desdain the destiny of the indian peoples and i compare these times with the neocolonialism of the americans today...the diference is that we are not indians, we can respond with the same guns and the same ardor...
but the colonial history is beautifull. i'm portuguese and my country once ruled the seven seas, we are a small country but we ruled an empire...

Rafiki

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:39 pm

[color="Red"]Lets stick to the subject at hand and leave present-day politics and suchlike out of it. No need to lay any seeds for any flamewar that in no way will contribute to the thread.

Regards,
Rafiki
Your friendly neighborhood substitute moderator[/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:39 pm

Sorry. I meant simply that in the War for American Independence, my sympathies are with British and Indian cause. And that`s all. :) Nothing concerning nowadays.

iroquois
Private

ok

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:05 pm

Eric Buzzard wrote:Sorry. I meant simply that in the War for American Independence, my sympathies are with British and Indian cause. And that`s all. :) Nothing concerning nowadays.

:indien: yes i 'm in the side of the indians to...like you...lol

and for the moderator, all we have said here is connected with the subject, the game...
i think that boa gold maybe can ascend to another level...not stay in the same...put more scenarios and a new game is good but insuficient...ageod may innovate put in the game new things, like indian diplomacy and other factions...imagine a french and indian campaign, and you are the commander of the canadians only, and you must conduct the war with the regulars come from old france. or you are in the british side and command the regulars from old britain and you have to deal with these rascal colonists...you prepare a campaign and this men can't appear in time, or they demand that they officers receive the same rank and pay like the english...oh boy what a game it will be...

Eric Buzzard
Conscript

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:11 am

In BoA Gold, will all the Indians have just one "unit", Indian Braves (like in the original version), or it`ll be changed somehow? Maybe different nations`ll have different warriors, with different parameters due to access to firearms, or due to nation`s "belligerence" (like Iroquois, Chickasaw, or such), etc.?

iroquois
Private

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:36 pm

Eric Buzzard wrote:In BoA Gold, will all the Indians have just one "unit", Indian Braves (like in the original version), or it`ll be changed somehow? Maybe different nations`ll have different warriors, with different parameters due to access to firearms, or due to nation`s "belligerence" (like Iroquois, Chickasaw, or such), etc.?

i agree...diferent units dependant in some qualities, like firearms, munitions, beligerancy...etc...but the most important is the capacity of diplomacy. boa is a historic game but have the capacity to what if...and diplomacy in the indian side may represent the actual scenario of colonial wars...give the indians the capacity to be played individual and if not at last the capacity to choose is own destiny

Return to “AACW Mods”