IrishCleburne
Civilian

Moddding on the MAC

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi there,

I would be most obliged if someone could tell me how to modify the .mdl files on the Mac?
I opened 486CSAJohn B.Floyd.mdl with numbers (having converted the suffix to .xls) but this didn't seem to achieve anything.
Is there a particular application one should use to modify .mdl files on the mac.
Is there a thread to aid budding Mac modders?

Thanks,

IC

Gatling
Corporal

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi,

I have no idea of MAC but it can perhaps help you to know that .mdl files are text files. Under Windows you can open them with Notepad. It must exists a similar soft for MAC.

Cheers
Gatling

Hadrian T Great
Civilian

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 pm

I finally found this today.

The best way to verify the location is to open the game manual (from Deliver2Mac console). Afterwards go to Finder, and look in the folder for files viewed "today". Click on the pdf named manual, and it should show the full folder hierarchy.

It was located on my computer at the following location: Macintosh HD> Users> Shared > Deliver2Mac > Accounts > [your email or Deliver 2 Mac user name] > Installs > AmericanCivilWar
Once you've gotten to this folder, you can continue to Data > ACW > Events to modify events, etc.

Let me know if this works. I've only figured out how to locate files in Steam, too. If it's using a tertiary download source, I may not know the right answer.

Best regards

Return to “AACW Mods”