StonewallCSA
Civilian

Maryland mod?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey, I recently bought this game and I really like it. But there was one main thing I noticed when starting a campaign (CSA). When starting off I saw Baltimore had its rails cut, which is right. But I think it should start off in "Confederate Control" with Maryland Militia guarding the city. When 1862 rolled around and I had successfully put Jackson in charge of the Army of the Shenandoah, I took Baltimore. One thing I cant help but notice is the low loyalty rates in eastern Maryland. Personally, I am a reenactor in the 1st Maryland Infantry, CSA. In the civil war western Maryland was much more supportive of the South then is protrayed in the game. I think it should be 50/50 in eastern Maryland, and about 60 percent Confederate in Baltimore. Western Maryland sympathies should probably stay 35 percent. I think an event should be added, as well, that allows a possibility for Maryland to secede if occupied by Confederate troops. Lastly, I really want the option (now that I control all Maryland cities except the 2 southernmost) to recruit Maryland troops for the south. Historically, many thousands of Marylanders crossed the border to Virginia to join the Confederate army. How hard would it be to make all these adjustments/additions? I am willing to do it myself, although I am not sure how. Any help is appreciated.

Jim-NC

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

There is not much official changing going on (bug killing mostly). You can mod the game (and there is a whole modding subforum to change the values if you wish. Most tweaks like you are discussing will be completed by unofficial modders.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Mods”