Jerzul
Captain

Creating a simple event

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey. I'd like help creating a very simple event and inserting it into an ongoing game.

Basically i just need to give the CSA a one time influx if money and WS. What is the best way to do this? I've read the editing posts but haven't been able to make anything work yet.

Thanks in advance!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Pocus

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

if you want to make a single event, the quick (and dirty) way is to add some lines to the sct file corresponding to your campaign, for example Events\1861 April Campaign.sct if you play this campaign.

Go to the end of the file and add your event, like this one

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond, VA
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_MyEvent|1|0|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, VA|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1861/01/01

Actions
ChangeMoneyPool= 1000
ChangeWSUPool= 1000

EndEvent

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jerzul
Captain

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Pocus wrote:if you want to make a single event, the quick (and dirty) way is to add some lines to the sct file corresponding to your campaign, for example Events\1861 April Campaign.sct if you play this campaign.

Go to the end of the file and add your event, like this one

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond, VA
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_MyEvent|1|0|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, VA|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1861/01/01

Actions
ChangeMoneyPool= 1000
ChangeWSUPool= 1000

EndEvent

Perfect! Thanks Pocus!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Return to “AACW Mods”