LEMATINSOIR
Civilian

a few questions from a newbee

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:14 pm

hi ,

to understand more this game, here something mysterious to me.

1. supply system.
if a river separates two contiguous regions the flow of supply must be different of the flow between two regions not separated by a river. or in this case the flow between two contiguous regions separated by a river use the capacity of the river transport pool ?

2. is it possible by modding to suppress totally automatic transportation option for AI for generals and support units ? i didnt find an option for that.

3. volunteers , mobilization war bond.
i do not understand the parameters 1 and 2 for these options :
for example for warbond: Param1;150;Param2;325 (in include file : GameOptions.inc )

$gmaWarBondsHigh;MaxUse;1;ResetFreq;12;ImageID;WarBond.png;Title;strWarBondsHighTitle;MsgString;strWarBondsHigh;ToolString;strWarBondsHighTool;PriceInc;2;VP;75;Param1;150;Param2;325

andatiep

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 pm

LEMATINSOIR wrote:3. volunteers , mobilization war bond.
i do not understand the parameters 1 and 2 for these options :
for example for warbond: Param1;150;Param2;325 (in include file : GameOptions.inc )

I also really would like to know more about it :) !

Anybody knows here around ?

LEMATINSOIR wrote:1. supply system.
if a river separates two contiguous regions the flow of supply must be different of the flow between two regions not separated by a river. or in this case the flow between two contiguous regions separated by a river use the capacity of the river transport pool ?

I supposed it is already simulated, since the supply flow system depend also on the number of days it need to go in an other region, which would be bigger if it have to cross a river...
For more info, see maybe here : http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Supply

LEMATINSOIR wrote:2. is it possible by modding to suppress totally automatic transportation option for AI for generals and support units ? i didnt find an option for that.

AI is designed to always cheat... if you MOD it, i suppose you will make it less able. You better play PBEM :D !
I don't know exactly were it is, maybe in the Events folder ? Or set AI to easy... :neener:
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Clovis

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am

andatiep wrote:I also really would like to know more about it :) !

Anybody knows here around ?

I supposed it is already simulated, since the supply flow system depend also on the number of days it need to go in an other region, which would be bigger if it have to cross a river...
For more info, see maybe here : http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Supply

AI is designed to always cheat... if you MOD it, i suppose you will make it less able. You better play PBEM :D !
I don't know exactly were it is, maybe in the Events folder ? Or set AI to easy... :neener:

If you want, I may help you. I plan to open some sort of French blog about SVF ( http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com ), and here we would be able to talk freely about modding. For now, I'm just overloaded with RUS and ROP, so this shouldn't be possible before December, where I should at last, enhance SVF to the current 1.16, and now with all I learnt in ROP and RUS about AI modding, but then I will be at your disposal.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

andatiep

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Clovis wrote:If you want, I may help you. I plan to open some sort of French blog about SVF ( http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com ), and here we would be able to talk freely about modding. For now, I'm just overloaded with RUS and ROP, so this shouldn't be possible before December, where I should at last, enhance SVF to the current 1.16, and now with all I learnt in ROP and RUS about AI modding, but then I will be at your disposal.

Great :) !
Vous m'en voyez ravis et honoré, Roi des Francs saliens !

I'm working too on some AACW2 wishlist mini-MODs to complete/replace the previous House Rules lists i started.

DoctorKing is also in that train ; we are still drawing the plans but i think we will have plenty of questions and will welcome your help, and hopefully our works can bring you back also some ideas for SVF.

Clovis wrote: [...] where I should at last, enhance SVF to the current 1.16, and now with all I learnt in ROP and RUS about AI modding,

That's perfect, since among all the MODable features which are in the AGE wiki, we don't really know what's working or not with the old AGE's AACW1 and what is working only with ROP or later games...

Clovis

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 pm

andatiep wrote:Great :) !
Vous m'en voyez ravis et honoré, Roi des Francs saliens !

I'm working too on some AACW2 wishlist mini-MODs to complete/replace the previous House Rules lists i started.

DoctorKing is also in that train ; we are still drawing the plans but i think we will have plenty of questions and will welcome your help, and hopefully our works can bring you back also some ideas for SVF.

That's perfect, since among all the MODable features which are in the AGE wiki, we don't really know what's working or not with the old AGE's AACW1 and what is working only with ROP or later games...

Most is working. Tip: open AACW.exe with Word or Openoffice...and search for he command you want to know if active. Not always right, but it can help
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

TheDoctorKing

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Wow! Thanks Clovis. I had no idea that was even possible. This will make things a lot easier...
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:44 am

Beta having passed Ordeal #367 (Fire Circle) and Ordeal serie #488 to #573 (Dragon Path, Abyss of Fear and Leap of Faith) can get access to the actual code source of the script module (one pascal unit listing all keywords plus code of all script commands). Can be very enlightening.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Clovis

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:Wow! Thanks Clovis. I had no idea that was even possible. This will make things a lot easier...

So Pocus has a better solution for you. :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

andatiep

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 am

Pocus wrote:Beta having passed Ordeal #367 (Fire Circle) and Ordeal serie #488 to #573 (Dragon Path, Abyss of Fear and Leap of Faith) can get access to the actual code source of the script module (one pascal unit listing all keywords plus code of all script commands). Can be very enlightening.

:blink: Olalah... mais keskidipocuslàdisdonc... :confused:

Hugh Pocus !
I'm coming in Peace from an other planet, and i don't want to speak with your chief ! :thumbsup: .

Obviously, there is at least one of us who understand you (actually that's probably why Clovis is the King of the Franks, now i feel it's logical).
So thank you beaucoup if you brought us a solution that Clovis will be able to translate to us later in Human language when he will not be so busy.

Schmeurgöelbik,
Best regards,
Salutations distinguées, :)

Return to “AACW Mods”