caranorn

problem using the CSV splitter

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello,

This weekend I once again started modding the AACW files to my taste. Nothing special really, just changing ratings and capacities for various generals and also adding a new general. This was the first time modding via the DB files and I can't seem to create the model files with the CSV splitter (I was able to create the unit files and one script file I had to modify)...

Attached a screenshot with the first error message I get in the CSV splitter as well as the .csv file I'm trying to use (note that it's from an outdated DB I accidentally downloaded, but for testing purpouses I'd like to use this one before I alter the new files)...
Attachments
AACW_DB_Models44h.zip
(69.34 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
csv_splitter_error.jpg
Marc aka Caran...

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Check the spreadsheet for cells with nothing in them also try deleting the notes column because it sometimes causes problems.
Best of luck!.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

caranorn

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Hmmm...

I tried using the splitter without the Notes column with the same error (just that it reports one column less). I also tried using the splitter on the original, unmodified database file (obviously saved as csv from excel) and once again got the error. I think I will try to download the most recent database and see whether I can get this to work...
Marc aka Caran...

Generalisimo

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Open the file with Notepad and check the first row:
UID;NationTag;Name;Alias;§ Note;ShortName;Text;Kind;SubType;Family;ImageID;Color;Portrait;OffFire;DefFire;Initiative;Range;ROF;Protection;TQ;Assault;Hits;MenPerHit;HorsesPerHit;GunsPerHit;Cohesion;DmgDone;CohDone;AsltDmgDone;AsltCohDone;CbtSignature;TargetType;Move Type;Move Ratio;CohMove;AtrMove;BaseCohLoss;BaseAttrition;DetectLand;DetectSea;Blockade;HideValue;Weight;ProgRate;Police;Patrol;Evasion;TechUpg;TrainUpg;CapturePerc;IsSupport;SupplyUsage;SupplyStore;AmmoUsage;AmmoStore;ShareSupply;SupHitPen;SupMovePen;SupCbtPen;Attributes;Ability0;Ability1;Ability2;Ability3;HomeArea;VPValue;POLValue;MoneyCost;Conscriptcost;WarSupplyCost;BuildRate;LeaderRank;Seniority;MaxRank;Title;LandLeader;NavalLeader;Promotable;Strategic;Offensive;Defensive;AIRole_Skirmisher;AIRole_Raider;CustomNames;[color="Red"];;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;[/color]

See the problem now? ;)

Try selecting and deleting all the columns to the right of the last column used.
The CSVsplitter is looking for "255 values" when those are NOT the columns used... it must be that. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

caranorn

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks that did the trick :-D ...

Now I'll be able to see whether my changes work in game...
Marc aka Caran...

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Nice! That works great. I spent months copying the US regt names into the finished model files before it got "fixed" somehow :)

It looks as tho this DB had a built in problem my one goes back to about 1.07 I think, with any new columns added in.

This
S!http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14824
seems ok

S!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

caranorn

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Yep, I just downloaded that one too and it seems to work fine...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “AACW Mods”