bigus
General

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:22 am

Updates have been posted in the first post of the thread.
Most changes are to the 1862 West scenario. Other scenarios have been updated and the updated xls files have been posted. The most notable change to other scenarios is the loyalty fix which was brought up by enf91.
The changes are in the second post.

bigus
General

Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:47 am

More updates for 1.14 have been posted in the first post of the thread.

Most changes are to the East And West 1862 scenarios.

Changes are in the second post.

Feedback is always welcome.

Franciscus

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Hello bigus.

Are your scenarios compatible with 1.15 ?

Thanks

bigus
General

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hello bigus.

Are your scenarios compatible with 1.15 ?

Thanks

Hi Franciscus.

I hav'nt had a chance to test them yet but they should work fine.
I only managed to download the patch and generate a quick scenario last night. The scenario generated fine so I think they will be O.K.

Or you might want to wait until I've tested them. I will be updating the Xls files and generating all scenarios to 1.15 before the weekend. I will post them probably Thursday.

Nikel

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Bigus. Noticed A Shoepf has not portrait, Kentucky scenario. Here is one, hope you like it ;)

[ATTACH]9401[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]9400[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9402[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]9403[/ATTACH]

In the scenario list the name is not displayed properly? Just copied the .scn and .sct to the respective folders over a 1.15 installation

[ATTACH]9404[/ATTACH]
Attachments
KScn.jpg
Army_USA_AShoepf.png
Unit_USA_AShoepf.png
Unit_USA_AShoepf.png (10.81 KiB) Viewed 11663 times
SchoepfAF_01.JPG
AShoepf.jpg

bigus
General

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks Nikel.

I'd like to add the leader to my Model and units files.

Hope you keep the Generals Graphics mod going strong.

As for the scenario title, I recently added these into the scenario files themselves (1.14) The descriptions are no longer supported in the Local string xls file. I will update this before the weekend. Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I will start a local strings mod and add them back in :w00t:

Pocus

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 am

You know you can provide an additional csv file with your strings? No need to have a full ACW_Localstrings replacing the official one.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

bigus
General

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Pocus wrote:You know you can provide an additional csv file with your strings? No need to have a full ACW_Localstrings replacing the official one.

I never thought about doing that! :)
I will try it.

PS: When can we expect to see the final database files posted?

bigus
General

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:57 am

My "Scenariostrings.csv" file works great. Thanks Pocus. I was afraid it would conflict with the main localstrings file.

arsan

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:47 am

bigus wrote:My "Scenariostrings.csv" file works great. Thanks Pocus. I was afraid it would conflict with the main localstrings file.

Hi Bigus!
If you need help updating the spanish texts for your scenarios let me know! :)
I think you already have the old spanish translations i did for your scenarios, don't you??
If you haven't i may have them aroudn still. :thumbsup:
Cheers!

bigus
General

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:01 am

arsan wrote:Hi Bigus!
If you need help updating the spanish texts for your scenarios let me know! :)
I think you already have the old spanish translations i did for your scenarios, don't you??
If you haven't i may have them aroudn still. :thumbsup:
Cheers!

Hi Arsan.

I still have them thanks. I will post a new strings file with the new updates.
I did not know it was you who did the spanish translation. A belated but big thank you!

arsan

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:39 am

Cool! :thumbsup:
Yes i use to do any new AGEOD games strings translations to spanish, as dooya does the german ones (standard "ambassadors" duties, you know ;) )
Someone at AGEOD use to do the the french ones :)
No idea about who do the Russian and Italian strings (local publishers maybe?) :bonk:
Cheers

bigus
General

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:22 am

Updates for 1.15 patch.

A few notes about the new updates. I've added a new LocalStrings file with this update as a seperate download. Since I don't have a foreign copy I won't be able to see the results of the language change. (some feedback on this would be greatly appreciated)
New events were added to the East and West scenarios. The events limit the AI to certain draft and financial options. The West scenario has Transports added in the shipping lanes with the Butler force. These transports are locked but should recieve a cohesion and supply boost in September. Here are the events.
[ATTACH]9440[/ATTACH]

So far the events work. I have to play a few more scenarios before I can say for sure. (some feedback on this would also be greatly appreciated).

hope you enjoy

@Nikel Got Shoepf in the game. I had three errors. I'll have will wait until the final database files are released.
[ATTACH]9441[/ATTACH]
Attachments
In game.jpg
newscript.jpg

Nikel

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 pm

bigus wrote:@Nikel Got Shoepf in the game. I had three errors. I'll have will wait until the final database file is released.
[ATTACH]9441[/ATTACH]

Do you mean errors related with the portrait?

If you copy the graphics to the respective folders and edit the file 700USAA.Shoepf.mdl in ACW\GameData\Models to

Portrait = Unit_USA_AShoepf

it is enough. Does this generate errors?

bigus
General

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Nikel wrote:Do you mean errors related with the portrait?

If you copy the graphics to the respective folders and edit the file 700USAA.Shoepf.mdl in ACW\GameData\Models to

Portrait = Unit_USA_AShoepf

it is enough. Does this generate errors?

No your portrait was O.K. The errors were from when I generated the models file. I have an outdated models files. I would rather to alter the database (Xls) file itself. I assumed this was how you were getting the leader ingame as well.

Nikel

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:16 pm

No, I always edited the .mdl files, in NCP and also in AACW. This is the method Jabberwock used for his mod, IIRC

In fact I have no idea on how to generate .mdl files ;)

Colonel Dreux
Major

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 am

bigus,

The Scens files when I reinstalled the game and patched in 1.15 are in notepad no .xls by default. Not sure if this is because I did this before or it comes this way, but I can't upload any Scen file into Excel that properly looks like your Tutorial file. Your tutorial file opens fine, but not any of the Scen files.

Col. Dreux
Oh my God, lay me down!

bigus
General

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:33 am

Colonel Dreux wrote:bigus,

The Scens files when I reinstalled the game and patched in 1.15 are in notepad no .xls by default. Not sure if this is because I did this before or it comes this way, but I can't upload any Scen file into Excel that properly looks like your Tutorial file. Your tutorial file opens fine, but not any of the Scen files.

Col. Dreux

You can find all the database files for ACW here........

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5358

These are the games data base files used for everything from events to scenarios etc. These are the files you edit in open office. Then you must convert them to game files using CSVSplitter. Check out the tutorials a bit further and you will see the final phase for converting files using CSVSplitter.

Also check out the other tutorial by Primisprit.

It might look hard but once you learn how to generate the database files to game files you will find that it is extremely easy.

bigus
General

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 am

To deter those that love the back door route into the interior of Georgia in the west scenario. The coast region of Florida by fort Gadsden will be blocked in the next update. Sorry about that. :) ..............Actually I'm not sorry.

Edit: Looks like Fort Gadsden is sufficient enough. I will leave the Florida coast as it is.

bigus
General

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:02 am

Well after 2 months of testing and playing I present the next versions of Bigus' scenarios. Hopefully error free :)
They are posted in the first post of the thread.

There was a big change to the VP conditions for most of the scenarios on the advice of Berto. The changes were to lower the NM city points to make battles more important. As large battles can result in a NM shift, they become more important to the smaller scenarios and automatic victory. I was a little skeptical at first but took his advice and found that I actually enjoyed the scenarios with these changes. Hopefully you like them as well.

With the legacy patch set, I will not have to worry about constantly updating these scenarios for each patch, so I plan on taking a break from the older scenarios now and moving on to make another small scenario.

Pocus

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:17 am

Great work then Bigus! :love:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jarkko
Colonel

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Nice Bigus :) Fired up the game and checking things out now. Looks good so far :)
There are three kinds of people: Those who can can count and those who can't.

bigus
General

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:23 pm

I accidentally left Shoepf in the Models file for the Dec 7 models file download. I think that this might have led to an error in the file. Since I don't have permission to use Nikels portrait, I have reverted the leader Shoepf back to a generic HQ portrait. Once I get permission from him I will add the portrait and maybe some others in an updated file. The new reverted file will be dated Dec 19.

bigus
General

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:56 am

I've posted a small update in the first post of the thread. As usual I will post all scenarios as a group download.
One was to the West scenario where the Union was not generating any money. This should now be fixed.
The other fix was a small OOB change to the Union for the Shiloh scenario.
Scenarios for AACW (1.15)[CENTER][/CENTER]

Augie
Civilian

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi. I'm a newbie and just installed AACW. I installed your Scenarios. I downloaded your database file (XML files), but I don't know where to install them. Can you advise?

Thanks,

Augie

bigus
General

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 am

Augie wrote:Hi. I'm a newbie and just installed AACW. I installed your Scenarios. I downloaded your database file (XML files), but I don't know where to install them. Can you advise?

Thanks,

Augie

The xls files are for reference only. You do not need them to play. They are the files I use to generate the scenarios.

bigus
General

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 am

A small update to two scenarios were posted in the first post of the thread.
As always, I upload the entire set of scenarios with each update.
See the changelog in the second post for update info.

Mettermrck
Conscript

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:52 am

Trying to run the scenarios, I can d/l the scenario/string file, the New Game settings, the music, perfect, but when I d/l the New Models/Units and put them in the Gamedata and Aliases dir, I get the following log errors when trying to log the game.

6:50:30 PM (Reporting) User: Robert Computer: ROBERT-PC
6:50:30 PM (Reporting) Loading general settings
6:50:30 PM (Reporting) USettings.LoadSettings 323 settings loaded, out of 10 settings files.
6:50:30 PM (Reporting) Loading Localized Strings
6:50:33 PM [Warning ] ULocalize.LoadLocalStrings: Alias too short at line 758 need at least 3 chars (ignored): 3.+ But what about Independent Forces? Being out of the normal Command Chain means that your command structure is not as efficient as being in a Corps or an Army stack. In game terms, it means that the leaders only generate half of their Command Points, making it far more difficult to avoid a command penalty.§Select the Independent Force at Clarksville led by General Buell.§§You’ll notice that a number pulses in red in the stack panel near an envelope.§§Click on the ‘next’ button to know more. in file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Settings\LocalStrings_ScenariosACW.csv Can be a key parsed in alias itself! ($Cavalry = Cavalerie would be 3 = Cavalerie ...
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) System local strings loaded from C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Settings\LocalStrings__AGE.csv
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) Loading Display Options
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) Entering DirectX Initializations
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) LocalStrings & Settings 7151 ms
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) Cursors 1 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) DirectX Initializations 84 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Fonts 3 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) TTerrainDefs.Create 36 Terrains definitions loaded, out of 36 terrains files.
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Terrains Definitions 435 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Areas & Theaters 591 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Particles I 0 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) TAbiDefs.Create 78 Abilities loaded, out of 78 abilities files.
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Units Abilities 33 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) TListModels.Create 1005 models loaded, out of 1005 models files in 3373 ms
6:48:57 PM [Critical ] TListModels.Get Data container for models definitions has some discrepancies, for UID 709

Wondering what I may be doing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

von Sachsen
Captain

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 am

Was it ever updated to be compatible with the newest patch?

jazman
Conscript

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 am

Mettermrck wrote:Trying to run the scenarios, I can d/l the scenario/string file, the New Game settings, the music, perfect, but when I d/l the New Models/Units and put them in the Gamedata and Aliases dir, I get the following log errors when trying to log the game.

6:50:30 PM (Reporting) User: Robert Computer: ROBERT-PC
6:50:30 PM (Reporting) Loading general settings
6:50:30 PM (Reporting) USettings.LoadSettings 323 settings loaded, out of 10 settings files.
6:50:30 PM (Reporting) Loading Localized Strings
6:50:33 PM [Warning ] ULocalize.LoadLocalStrings: Alias too short at line 758 need at least 3 chars (ignored): 3.+ But what about Independent Forces? Being out of the normal Command Chain means that your command structure is not as efficient as being in a Corps or an Army stack. In game terms, it means that the leaders only generate half of their Command Points, making it far more difficult to avoid a command penalty.§Select the Independent Force at Clarksville led by General Buell.§§You’ll notice that a number pulses in red in the stack panel near an envelope.§§Click on the ‘next’ button to know more. in file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Settings\LocalStrings_ScenariosACW.csv Can be a key parsed in alias itself! ($Cavalry = Cavalerie would be 3 = Cavalerie ...
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) System local strings loaded from C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Settings\LocalStrings__AGE.csv
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) Loading Display Options
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) Entering DirectX Initializations
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) LocalStrings & Settings 7151 ms
6:50:37 PM (Reporting) Cursors 1 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) DirectX Initializations 84 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Fonts 3 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) TTerrainDefs.Create 36 Terrains definitions loaded, out of 36 terrains files.
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Terrains Definitions 435 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Areas & Theaters 591 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Particles I 0 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) TAbiDefs.Create 78 Abilities loaded, out of 78 abilities files.
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) Units Abilities 33 ms
6:48:57 PM (Reporting) TListModels.Create 1005 models loaded, out of 1005 models files in 3373 ms
6:48:57 PM [Critical ] TListModels.Get Data container for models definitions has some discrepancies, for UID 709

Wondering what I may be doing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Exact same problem here.

Return to “AACW Mods”