twbrevard
Civilian

How to mod

Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 am

Sorry to bother you guys. I was wanting to know if someone could direct me to the thread to show me the basics of mod.

I would like to add my family member, TW Brevard. He was the last confederate general.

Thank you very much and I LOVE THE SIM! :thumbsup:

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:07 am

deleted

twbrevard
Civilian

Thanks a ton!

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:22 am

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I'll contact him.

I might be new to this forum but I have been doing mods on games since the late 80's. Just bought the game and wanted to know the formats and such.

Thanks again!

Primasprit

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:30 am

Hi twbrevard!

Check this thread: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2810 (post 11).

It's rather old and written for BOA, but the procedure is the same for AACW.

You can find the data files for the games here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5358

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Norbert

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:45 am

deleted

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:02 pm

As said already best to learn how to use the spreadsheets.

For a new general you basically need a model a unit and an event to introduce him.

I tend to copy an existing line on model/unit spreadsheet and then alter to suit, similarly with events.

In the attached I have used Marmaduke as the basis for a new general JO Shelby ( see newgeneral xls) making a new model, unit and leader event. I've also made a new string for the local strings.

After adding these to the base spreadsheets (after the "reserved" for unit and model) in with similar entries for leader event and local string, I saved as a .csv and then used the splitter to make the necessary files.

I find it easier to make a folder for models and units and point the splitter to them, remember to copy out the alias files for the aliases folder.

I hope you can add your ancestor to the game, it would be a link that few of us could claim. Then all we would need is an Appomattox scenario.
Attachments
Shelby.zip
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 228 times

Return to “AACW Mods”