Gray_Lensman

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:40 pm

deleted

Clovis

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks to all; I've produced 2 mod versionS for 113b and 1.13e.

Done in the first post of the thread. For easier fix, you may just dowload files Gray_Lansman uploaded here and place them in SVF/gamedata/Strucures directory.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 pm

As I said in this (excellent) thread

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13103

I'm beginning to question the ZOC/evade feature.

A stack with one wagon will not be able to leave the region. If it splits with the wagon unit, it will be able to. Human player may, AI doesn't.

Then 3 historical examples:

- after Gettysburg, Lee retreated through Pennsylvania WITH the supply train, protected by a defeated and weakened Army. Meade was considered too pusillaminous on this one, but the fact remains in any case, going trough Northern region where civil support was nil and under union pressure was possible

- the end of the Petersburg siege and the retreat to Appomatox in 1865: lee was much weaker than Grant but once again he was able to disengage and begin a retreat. After several defeats, Confederates were surrounded and so weakened they couldn't fight another battle and so surrendered. But at start, supply train, as weak it was, was too accompanying the retreat.

-the 1864 overland campaign: a Confederate Army will produce between 500 to 700 patrol value. if so, the Union Army as large it is, will have an evasion value certainly too low to disengage in a region non military controlled a bit by Union. If so, how to reproduce the successive turning moves Grant made? He will be stucked in the same region without possibility to retreat first to a region possessed by Union before going to the targetted region.

I feel so the rule arbitrary. Supply wagons are in the current system unable to retreat with the main army and I don't see why a civil population would be sufficient to block a retreat path...

So i'm undergoing some tests with raised evasion values. Will see if it works but of course, any advice is welcomed :)

For now Ive raides both evade and patrol values. So:

- big stacks will have a higher evade value, and a larger force than in the current version will be needed to block it
- big stacks will have a more important blocking value than the small.

With both, we should avoid a corps blocked by a militia unit and higher chanv=ces for a bug stack to leave a region, even with confronted by a large army.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm

It's July '62, sincel late June I am finally able to build Bde's again in St. Louis. I applied Martial Law several months ago, not sure if that had anything to do with it, as Loyality in Missouri is 17% and St. Louis 5%.

Clovis

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Big Muddy wrote:It's July '62, sincel late June I am finally able to build Bde's again in St. Louis. I applied Martial Law several months ago, not sure if that had anything to do with it, as Loyality in Missouri is 17% and St. Louis 5%.

At last, I've solved part of the troubles ;) . Working on the other. :bonk:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Clovis wrote:At last, I've solved part of the troubles ;) . Working on the other. :bonk:

That's good to know, at least for the time being I can build 'em. Of course, having said that my next turn I won't :D .

marecone

Fri May 01, 2009 7:20 am

Clovis, does 1.13e now works with your patch? Does ai remains active and did anyone tested it?

As for zoc, you have a point there but I suggest caution. This is a very important part of the game. If trapping in same region could be avoided or reduced then that should be changed. I also agree that gamey blocking of retreat path with one regiment of cavalry against whole army should be removed.
Imho, blocking of movement by force 10 times smaller then the one retreating should be removed and smaller force should either abandon region or be set on evasion by game rules.

Just my two cents
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Clovis

Fri May 01, 2009 3:00 pm

marecone wrote:Clovis, does 1.13e now works with your patch? Does ai remains active and did anyone tested it?

As for zoc, you have a point there but I suggest caution. This is a very important part of the game. If trapping in same region could be avoided or reduced then that should be changed. I also agree that gamey blocking of retreat path with one regiment of cavalry against whole army should be removed.
Imho, blocking of movement by force 10 times smaller then the one retreating should be removed and smaller force should either abandon region or be set on evasion by game rules.

Just my two cents

1.13e has this bug with any version. There are others too which will be eventually solutionned but for now, I would advise to play with 1.13b.

About ZOC, I'm now doing tests. It seems I solved the blocking by a much smaller force. I've reduced too impact on Evasion rate by supply wagons, which was a part of the problem. Tests show until now others blocking situations are similar to those in the normal game.

I've created too a new abiliy, Maneuver, which gives to some leaders an increase of the Evasion value: Grant, Jackson, Lee, E Johnston who were able to disengage and initiate turning movements.

I agree with you it could have many nasty side effects. I've not noticed until now, and the results are an emphasis of the blocking capacity of large stacks to the detriment of small ones, which ssems to be more logical.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

cleveland
Corporal

Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm

The blocking retreat path question is an interesting one. How did it work in real life? Did armies leave regiments/brigades along their march path to secure their lines of communications? Would dropping off units along the way be a counter to a lone cav regiment blocking a retreat path?

cmdrsam
Corporal

Sat May 02, 2009 2:07 am

Must say Clovis I am enjoying myself with this mod. Wanted to share my finding so far, but I do have 2 small questions at the end.

Playing as Union in 1862, I beleive I'm in late March. Hold most of Missouri except Springfield. Kentucky has been mostly been squared away except for a small force that went on a counter offense that retook Clarksville. Ft Henry has finally fallen after a 2 month seige. Might of read the reports wrong but I was still facing close to 5,000 troops before I had Sherman all out assault the place. The end saw a battle with 971 casualties for the Rebs, but they finaly gave up. Virginia sees the Union in controll of Winchestor, Harpers Ferry, Manassas, Fredricksburg, with a potential fight brewing at Chanslorsville. The rebs have been assualting Ft Monroe. Butler has held out but at great cost on both sides. I had to send in Burnside and a division to help out. But he has been getting chewed as well. Could be the end of Ft Monroe or it could be the end of the rebel casue as this particualar sector has been a meat grinder.
I am on normal level, with +1 activation and +2 fog of war adavantage for the rebels.

My questions.
1. Still having trouble with building depots with supply wagons. I can however build with river transports at a cost of two per depot.

2. I am playing the scenerio were Leaders can potentially dissappear I beleive.
When I have a leader get removed from play is there a news flash alerting me of this. I had Grant working on Ft Henry when all of a sudden he is gone. I seen no news or had word that he had quit, got injured, wounded or anythign.

Big Muddy

Sat May 02, 2009 4:08 am

cmdrsam wrote:the rebels.

My questions.
1. Still having trouble with building depots with supply wagons. I can however build with river transports at a cost of two per depot.

When I have a leader get removed from play is there a news flash alerting me of this. I had Grant working on Ft Henry when all of a sudden he is gone. I seen no news or had word that he had quit, got injured, wounded or anythign.

This represents death or illness, there is no mention or warning when this happens. For a fix to build depots see Gray's post on page 4, at the very bottom, there are 2 files, pick the version you are playing.

cmdrsam
Corporal

Sat May 02, 2009 5:05 am

This represents death or illness, there is no mention or warning when this happens. For a fix to build depots see Gray's post on page 4, at the very bottom, there are 2 files, pick the version you are playing.

Thank you Bigmuddy for the answers. I thought I had that download but let me try again.

Clovis

Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 am

cmdrsam wrote:Must say Clovis I am enjoying myself with this mod. Wanted to share my finding so far, but I do have 2 small questions at the end.

Playing as Union in 1862, I beleive I'm in late March. Hold most of Missouri except Springfield. Kentucky has been mostly been squared away except for a small force that went on a counter offense that retook Clarksville. Ft Henry has finally fallen after a 2 month seige. Might of read the reports wrong but I was still facing close to 5,000 troops before I had Sherman all out assault the place. The end saw a battle with 971 casualties for the Rebs, but they finaly gave up. Virginia sees the Union in controll of Winchestor, Harpers Ferry, Manassas, Fredricksburg, with a potential fight brewing at Chanslorsville. The rebs have been assualting Ft Monroe. Butler has held out but at great cost on both sides. I had to send in Burnside and a division to help out. But he has been getting chewed as well. Could be the end of Ft Monroe or it could be the end of the rebel casue as this particualar sector has been a meat grinder.
I am on normal level, with +1 activation and +2 fog of war adavantage for the rebels.

My questions.

Thanks.

For depots, the best solution for now is to play with the 1.13b. You will have indeed to place the corresponding depot files. Foe easiness, I've uploaded at the first post of the thread SVF1for 1.13b. Unzip in the AACW folder and install it. Fully compatible with ongoing games.

For leader removal, I'm yet trying to find a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Sat May 02, 2009 11:11 am

Clovis wrote:
For leader removal, I'm yet trying to find a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When you say find a solution, do you mean the player will be notified or have you removed this?. I'm in March '62 and so far I've only been able to build four Bridging Trains.

I've noticed that when the 62' leaders become available that Buell is either alone or with Crittenden. The others such as Rousseau, Wood, Negley etc.
(7 total), appear in upper Ohio, lake Erie area, there is no notification for these leaders, the player must seek them out. Didn't Buell come with all these Generals, I'm not to sure if I remember this correctly though.

There is a notification on Buell, but if Crittenden's not with him then you must seek him out also.

mikee64
Brigadier General

Sun May 03, 2009 2:10 am

Clovis - I'm ready to give SVF a try. I understand your install process on the first post but am unsure how to apply the fixes/zips posted since then; I am also unsure how Gray's comments about the supply elements just above may be already applied in your fixes.

I have a clean install of 1.13b with latest Quickfix 11 installed. I'd like to try a "clean&fresh" install of SVF and test it from there. Just need to know best way to go about this to help you at this point.

I'm going to play CSA against AI if you have any suggested settings let me know.
Mike

Clovis

Thu May 07, 2009 9:25 pm

mikee64 wrote:Clovis - I'm ready to give SVF a try. I understand your install process on the first post but am unsure how to apply the fixes/zips posted since then; I am also unsure how Gray's comments about the supply elements just above may be already applied in your fixes.

I have a clean install of 1.13b with latest Quickfix 11 installed. I'd like to try a "clean&fresh" install of SVF and test it from there. Just need to know best way to go about this to help you at this point.

I'm going to play CSA against AI if you have any suggested settings let me know.

I prefer wait for a full official 1.14 version.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 pm

The mod is compatible with the 1.14RC11. SVF seems even immune to the current bug affecting inflation increase.

I plan yet to upload before 15th May the 1.1 version of the mod. It will fix a few things, introduce the new ZOC/evade parameters which seems to work well and the part of the official new features I think useful.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu May 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Clovis wrote:The mod is compatible with the 1.14RC11. SVF seems even immune to the current bug affecting inflation increase.

I plan yet to upload before 15th May the 1.1 version of the mod. It will fix a few things, introduce the new ZOC/evade parameters which seems to work well and the part of the official new features I think useful.

:thumbsup:

mikee64
Brigadier General

Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 am

Clovis wrote:I prefer wait for a full official 1.14 version.

OK, thanks Clovis. I look forward to 1.14 official and 1.1 SVF.
Mike

Pelok
Corporal

Portraits

Fri May 08, 2009 8:25 am

Hi Clovis,

Will your mod contain more portraits? I mean in SFV when McCall, Miles (or Milroy?), etc. appears they are without portrait so I have to edit the mdl files because they have portraits in the Armies and Units directories and there are some beautiful portraits in the Generels portrait topic...

Or did I something wrong.....?

Sorry for my poor English - my Hungarian is much more better. :mdr:

Gray_Lensman

Fri May 08, 2009 2:17 pm

deleted

Clovis

Fri May 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Pelok wrote:Hi Clovis,

Will your mod contain more portraits? I mean in SFV when McCall, Miles (or Milroy?), etc. appears they are without portrait so I have to edit the mdl files because they have portraits in the Armies and Units directories and there are some beautiful portraits in the Generels portrait topic...

Or did I something wrong.....?

Sorry for my poor English - my Hungarian is much more better. :mdr:

No you're right. i've not kept the pace of the new portrait models for official version. BTW, if you could send me your modifications, I would save time...

Thanks ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Pelok
Corporal

Portraits

Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Clovis wrote:No you're right. i've not kept the pace of the new portrait models for official version. BTW, if you could send me your modifications, I would save time...

Thanks ;)

[ATTACH]7657[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7658[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7659[/ATTACH]

I use these ones. Some notifications:
- I dislike the Div. Hq portrait so i changed it into the generic portrait. (Black faces)
- I use some Unit graphics from that topic
- I have no backup from the original files so use them carefully
- If I was unsure in any model and portrait I preferred the picture not the black face

I hope I could help this mod. Thanks to everybody who made the portraits and extra thanks for the SFV.

If someone correct the files I will be grateful.
Attachments
Units.zip
(3.85 MiB) Downloaded 207 times
Models.zip
(803.21 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Armies&Fleets.zip
(3.14 MiB) Downloaded 189 times

cleveland
Corporal

Wed May 13, 2009 2:06 am

Hi Clovis, I've been loving your mod so far but something strange happened- not sure if it's your mod or the vanilla game or what it is- I hope I can attach this correctly...

The same thing happened with Stonewall Jackson- he disappeared into a unit.
Attachments
VAN DORN.jpg

cleveland
Corporal

Wed May 13, 2009 2:16 am

here's the Stonewall problem- not sure what is happening here... (I've patched my game to the official patch 1.13b)
Attachments
STONEWALL.jpg

tibo22
Corporal

Wed May 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello, thank you very much fory your mod which seems amazing

But I have some problems...
I have unziped the four files to the "AGEod's American Civil War" folder and here a document is missing : the d3drm.dll
I have kept installing the mod and while everything was ok the installation asks me if i wanted to browse a file. So i have browsed two files at the end.

Is everything ok or there is a problem?

(I have installed the english version of the game with the patch 1.13b and your 1.1mod)
Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Nikel

Wed May 13, 2009 9:12 pm

tibo22 wrote:Hello, thank you very much fory your mod which seems amazing

But I have some problems...
I have unziped the four files to the "AGEod's American Civil War" folder and here a document is missing : the d3drm.dll
I have kept installing the mod and while everything was ok the installation asks me if i wanted to browse a file. So i have browsed two files at the end.

Is everything ok or there is a problem?

(I have installed the english version of the game with the patch 1.13b and your 1.1mod)

Look here

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3122

tibo22
Corporal

Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks you!
Highlights is also missing but I'm not sure it is very important but some files are still browsed...
Is there a last window to confirm you you have well installed th emod? I didn't have any.

I launched the game but there were only two campaigns : the 61 one and the 62. But all the modifications about the kentucky happened... really strange

Sorry for i disturb :(
Sic Semper Tyrannis!

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Tue May 26, 2009 4:12 pm

was SFV 1.1 waiting for patch 1.14?

tibo22
Corporal

Tue May 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Is there anyone to help me? :(
Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Return to “AACW Mods”