tibo22
Corporal

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 pm

That is to say that these messages will be written in english (what is ok I can read english) or simply not understandable (that is to say that the mod will be unplayable)?

thank you for your answers (and I'm a corporal now! :gardavou :)
Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Clovis

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:32 pm

tibo22 wrote:That is to say that these messages will be written in english (which is ok I can read english) or simply not understandable (that is to say that the mod will be unplayable)?

thank you for your answers

They will be written in French and they have no relation to the real thing; ie some will talk of Butler when they concern the loss of WSU...should be disturbing... ;)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Partial update

1) this update is fully compatable with current game. No need to restart. Simply some events will not fire if you're playing after their activation date.

2) Nothing new as feature. This update just fixes some oddities for a few events.The primary change concerns the Union loss of NM if Confederates are close to Washington or Baltimore. The old version is replaced by a new one, much better.

3) Download the following zip file and unzip the files in the SVF/Events folder. That's all.

edit: new file posted
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

cmdrsam
Corporal

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:40 am

Well Clovis if I could I would send the requested file. I have Vista running on a HP Celeron Laptop. I have tried installing and removing several times to get this mod to work. I am appearently brain dead or somethign.
This is the run down on how I am installing.

SV0 - SV3 I left alone the defaults on installation. I double click the struggle
.bat file and a DOS box appears. Then it runs down several items saying unable to open or somethign to that effect.

I have ACW installed as c:Program files/AGEod's American Civil War.

Again any help would be appreciated.

Clovis

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:07 am

cmdrsam wrote:Well Clovis if I could I would send the requested file. I have Vista running on a HP Celeron Laptop. I have tried installing and removing several times to get this mod to work. I am appearently brain dead or somethign.
This is the run down on how I am installing.

SV0 - SV3 I left alone the defaults on installation. I double click the struggle
.bat file and a DOS box appears. Then it runs down several items saying unable to open or somethign to that effect.

I have ACW installed as c:Program files/AGEod's American Civil War.

Again any help would be appreciated.

Do you have unzipped SVF1,2 and 3 ? To upload on this board, I have to zip the files. So before running The batch file, you have to unzip SVF1,2 and 3 in the AACW folder to install them.

Hope it helps.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

cmdrsam
Corporal

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:12 am

Yes I have all 3 I beleive are unzipped. Lets say I click SV2. It then prompts me do I wish to run. I answer yes. It then prompts me with a destination path which I have left as the default.

Clovis

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:25 am

cmdrsam wrote:Yes I have all 3 I beleive are unzipped. Lets say I click SV2. It then prompts me do I wish to run. I answer yes. It then prompts me with a destination path which I have left as the default.

So if it isn't this, it's maybe a Vista protection problem. You should deactivate UAC in Vista . Instructions here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11621&highlight=uac
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

cmdrsam
Corporal

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:59 am

Thank you. That seems to work. I started the game and up in upper left hand it said I was using this mod. :)

On the downside my girlfriend now hates you. lol.

Thanks again for the help.

Clovis

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:44 am

For Nikel or others:

Could I have a picture for this?

Mortar boat should make an appearence in SVF 1.1...at last for human player. I will certainly give AI a special gunboat unit having siege ability.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:55 am

Next update: provisional list:

- tweaked CSA AI a bit more
- slight rise of Union money ressources
- prograte of Grant lowered ( will gain XP a bit faster)
- reduced seniority at start for Butler and Banks ( even if they were high in historical seniority, in game terms, it forces Union to either lose NM or create HQ to content them before naming Buell or Halleck as Army commander; whatever their political strenght, both Butler and Banks were limited to command peripherical armies thanks to their lack of real militray formation, the big commands remaining in the hands of Westpointers.
- fixed some bugs in events.
- tweaked the values for Columbiads, Rodmans, and river Ironclads.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Nikel

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi Clovis.

Here is what I could get. I did not use the picture you posted because after some testing it did not look well

So found this picture

After extraction and some coloring, used one of the ironclads background so that it looked similar to the units available with the game. And this is what I got. Hope it is good enough for you to use it. The mortar does not protude 20 cms, but if it is playful... :D

[ATTACH]7408[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7409[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7410[/ATTACH]
Attachments
mdl_CMN_MortarBoat.png
Fleet_CMN_MortarBoat.png
Unit_CMN_MortarBoat.png
Unit_CMN_MortarBoat.png (7.05 KiB) Viewed 6962 times

Clovis

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Nikel wrote:Hi Clovis.

Here is what I could get. I did not use the picture you posted because after some testing it did not look well

So found this picture

After extraction and some coloring, used one of the ironclads background so that it looked similar to the units available with the game. And this is what I got. Hope it is good enough for you to use it. The mortar does not protude 20 cms, but if it is playful... :D

[ATTACH]7408[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7409[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7410[/ATTACH]

Thanks. :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Clovis wrote:Partial update

1) this update is fully compatable with current game. No need to restart. Simply some events will not fire if you're playing after their activation date.

2) Nothing new as feature. This update just fixes some oddities for a few events.The primary change concerns the Union loss of NM if Confederates are close to Washington or Baltimore. The old version is replaced by a new one, much better.

3) Download the following zip file and unzip the files in the SVF/Events folder. That's all.

Here we go again, with these Events Missouri loyalty starts at 50%, one month later, 25%!. What file effects this, so I can swap it out, I hate to be a pain with this. I seem to be the only one this is happenning to, and this is with a clean install. Outside of this everything else is fine, this is an on going problem for me.

Clovis

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Big Muddy wrote:Here we go again, with these Events Missouri loyalty starts at 50%, one month later, 25%!. What file effects this, so I can swap it out, I hate to be a pain with this. I seem to be the only one this is happenning to, and this is with a clean install. Outside of this everything else is fine, this is an on going problem for me.

Don't hate you ! There's a real trouble here and I thank you to have pointed out it. Now, i've too search why, and the loyalty part needs more investigations.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:05 pm

A second Partial update:

Attachments
Events.zip
(66.69 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

cmdrsam
Corporal

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:14 am

Thank you again for producing this mod. After being away from this game for awhile I had forgotten how addicting this is. New patches and this mod, I have to relearn this game I think.

Short version on how my 1st game as Union went like this. Held MO, Rolla and Jefferson City was mine. Columbus fell shortly after I had retaken Paducah KY. In the East I held, Winchester, Harpers Ferry, Mannasas, and Fredericksburg VA. Then winter hit and I took alot of damage in Fredericksburg due to lack of supply flowing into the area. Lost a complete small support Division of 150 point strength.

I was not able to build and depots. So now my question. I have seen in the front page of this you need to have 8 elements to build a depot. Now is that 8 supply wagon chits? Or I notice when I click on a supply wagon chit it has 4 elements in each chit. Thought I had enough wagons to build a depot. The only other thing that comes to my mind is perhaps I did not have enough control of the area to build a depot. Any thoughts?

Clovis

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:18 am

cmdrsam wrote:Thank you again for producing this mod. After being away from this game for awhile I had forgotten how addicting this is. New patches and this mod, I have to relearn this game I think.

Short version on how my 1st game as Union went like this. Held MO, Rolla and Jefferson City was mine. Columbus fell shortly after I had retaken Paducah KY. In the East I held, Winchester, Harpers Ferry, Mannasas, and Fredericksburg VA. Then winter hit and I took alot of damage in Fredericksburg due to lack of supply flowing into the area. Lost a complete small support Division of 150 point strength.

I was not able to build and depots. So now my question. I have seen in the front page of this you need to have 8 elements to build a depot. Now is that 8 supply wagon chits? Or I notice when I click on a supply wagon chit it has 4 elements in each chit. Thought I had enough wagons to build a depot. The only other thing that comes to my mind is perhaps I did not have enough control of the area to build a depot. Any thoughts?

Yes you need 8 wagon chits to build a depot.

So:

- were your wagons partly depleted?

- marecone had the same problems in a precedent version of SVF. In the last, it was dicovered the trouble was due to the presence of other modded files. I would suggest you to do a backup of your save game ( SVF/Saves folder) and do a clean install of AACW last official version ( 1.13b) then apply once again SVF install.

Myself I may build depots without difficulties...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

I swapped the files so I can build depots, here is new game with 4 supply units.

[ATTACH]7455[/ATTACH]
Attachments
AACW 2009-04-28 05-56-56-56.jpg

Gray_Lensman

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

deleted

cmdrsam
Corporal

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Come to think of it perhaps there were a few elements that had some red showing. I shall do what you have suggested and play again. Thanks for the response Clovis.

Big Muddy

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm

This is with the swapped files from SVF 1.13b, notice now depots can be built with two supply units. The previous post wast with version SVF 1.00.

[ATTACH]7458[/ATTACH]
Attachments
AACW 2009-04-28 07-51-37-84.jpg

Gray_Lensman

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 pm

deleted

Clovis

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:41 pm

I checked one once the filesnad depots in SVF may be built with 8 subunits, ie 2 wagon units. What I've done several times. All other parameters of the Depot file is the same than in the official version. So 2 wagon units with 4 elements each is sufficient to build a depot. So it's working as designed. WAD
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Clovis wrote:I checked one once the filesnad depots in SVF may be built with 8 subunits, ie 2 wagon units. What I've done several times. All other parameters of the Depot file is the same than in the official version. So 2 wagon units with 4 elements each is sufficient to build a depot. So it's working as designed. WAD

Hi Clovis, both shots are from SVF 1.00, the only difference in the 2nd is structures from SVF 1.13b. I swapped back, again could not build depots, I put back the 2Depot.str from SVF1.13b and could build depots. I noticed a difference in size, 1.13b(474 bytes), 1.00(476bytes), don't know if this matters. But I am able to build depots so it's not really a problem.

Clovis

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Big Muddy wrote:Hi Clovis, both shots are from SVF 1.00, the only difference in the 2nd is structures from SVF 1.13b. I swapped back, again could not build depots, I put back the 2Depot.str from SVF1.13b and could build depots. I noticed a difference in size, 1.13b(474 bytes), 1.00(476bytes), don't know if this matters. But I am able to build depots so it's not really a problem.

Just to be sure, where you got the SVF1.13b depot file?
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Clovis wrote:Just to be sure, where you got the SVF1.13b depot file?

I still have SVF1.13b, I always keep a backup.

Clovis

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Big Muddy wrote:I still have SVF1.13b, I always keep a backup.

OK It was the precedent version of SVF.

Here the file for download if needed. Place it in SVF/Gamedata/Structures folder.

I will investiguate. Maybe the problem comes from playing with AACW 1.13b as I think the change of data for depot build cost computation has been done after in the 1.13e..
Attachments
2Depot.zip
(374 Bytes) Downloaded 191 times
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Clovis wrote:OK It was the precedent version of SVF.

Here the file for download if needed. Place it in SVF/Gamedata/Structures folder.

I will investiguate. Maybe the problem comes from playing with AACW 1.13b as I think the change of data for depot build cost computation has been done after in the 1.13e..

The zip didn't work, no depots, again 1.13 worked.

Clovis

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 am

Big Muddy wrote:The zip didn't work, no depots, again 1.13 worked.

So could you repost this file here?
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:14 am

Clovis wrote:So could you repost this file here?

[ATTACH]7470[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2Depot.rar
(342 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times

Return to “AACW Mods”