agatharchides
Conscript

Download

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:53 pm

I recently got 2 copies of Great Invasions from the online store, I for me and one for a friend. Unfortunately I now have no idea how to make it so a person on another computer can download. :tournepas Sorry if this is obvious but this is my first time buying a game by download and I don't really know what I am doing. :bonk:

PhilThib

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:50 am

I am not sure this functionality is available in fact... you can still burn a CD a send the other one to your friend though :king:

agatharchides
Conscript

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:49 am

PhilThib wrote:I am not sure this functionality is available in fact... you can still burn a CD a send the other one to your friend though :king:

Thanks, though since I am in the States and she is in Switzerland that is actually going to be harder than it might sound. But when I actually tried to start the game I ran into a bigger problem; namely it does not work. Whenever I tried to start the game it turned the screen black and sat there. I tried reinstalling it in hopes that would deal with the problem, and now whenever I click on the install icon it crashes my whole computer. :grr: Does tech support have any ideas; or can I at least get a refund? :siffle: Wasting 40 some dollars on a game that doesn't work would not a merry Christmas make. :fleb:

PhilThib

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:32 am

Could you send your computer's DxDiag to support@ageod.com. Same for your computer's specs and OS info. We must check your drivers are up to date and that there are no hardware / specs conflicts...it happens in some rare instances...

Please remember the game was developped in 2005 and was not designed to operate under Vista. :8o:

Also check the technical section of the GI forum here. You may have to disable the firewall and antivirus to run the game (it is a known problem it will not run with Norton AV operating in the background) :niark:

Send also a PM to [color="DarkRed"]Calvinus[/color], the game lead programmer. He will surely help you (but only after he is back from his honeymoon, i.e. early January) :sourcil:

agatharchides
Conscript

Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:23 pm

Pardon my ignorance; what is a Dxdiag? :tournepas

calvinus

Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Here I am...

Just to start:
1) Be sure the problem is not the DivX codec. So disable the Play Logo option in the Setup tool.
2) Are you running the game under Win Vista? That could be the problem.

If the problem still persist, please examine the technical problems forum.

agatharchides
Conscript

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:41 pm

I am using XP and turning off the Logo didn't help. :( I didn't open every thread but I didn't see anything resembling my problem in the tech support forum.

calvinus

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Did you find something here?

The black screen is typical of bad codec, but it's very very strange your OS crashes when trying to re-install the game...

Try also disabling sounds and musics...

Or maybe there is something not compatible with your video card.

In such a case, it's better you are refunded. :bonk:

calvinus

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Try also the game on other PCs, if possible... :sourcil:

agatharchides
Conscript

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 am

It works. :D Thanks. :) And it let me reinstall after a reboot, but I don't have any idea what that was about either.

calvinus

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 am

Perhaps this is a good example of the Orphic-Pitagoric aspects of informatic laws of matter...... :niark:

Return to “Great Invasions”