Frank

New Patch?

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Calvinus

any news when a new patch will come out? Particularly the "no new historical leader" bug prevent me at the moment from playing this fantastic game.

Bye
Frank

PhilThib

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Calvinus is away on vacation, with no Internet access till end of this month. He shall reply to you upon his return.

calvinus

Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:35 am

Frank wrote:Hi Calvinus

any news when a new patch will come out? Particularly the "no new historical leader" bug prevent me at the moment from playing this fantastic game.

Bye
Frank

Hi, I'll be back at work on next week. In the meanwhile, can you explain this bug, please?

I'll be able to have an internet connection not before next week.

Bye bye,
Calvinus.

Frank

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:14 am

Hi Calvinus

i reported this bug a few months ago in the old forum. You get no historical leader from the database only Monarchs.

Another Question is do you plan to work on a new version of "History of Europe"? I played the 2.0 version of the game a lot with my friends although it has many nasty bugs and the AI was not very good. But it is the only true translation of the board game so maybe some day there will be a new version. :coeurs:

Bye
Frank

calvinus

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:35 am

Frank wrote:i reported this bug a few months ago in the old forum. You get no historical leader from the database only Monarchs.

Ok, I'll work on this nasty bug as soon as possible.

Frank wrote:Another Question is do you plan to work on a new version of "History of Europe"? I played the 2.0 version of the game a lot with my friends although it has many nasty bugs and the AI was not very good. But it is the only true translation of the board game so maybe some day there will be a new version. :coeurs:

I must be sincere. I never planned to work on any new version of "History of Europe". There are a lot of reasons:
- the source code is outdated;
- the gameplay is old-fashioned;
- the graphics are to be redone (money!!)
- no budget;
- Paradox will probably do a strong opposition...

I know there were some nasty bugs (mainly in game save), and the AI was almost stupid...

It was developed in 1995 :bonk:

Return to “Great Invasions”