Le Ricain

Emperor Question

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:26 pm

I am playing the GC as Red. It has been awhile since I last played GI. The most noticeable change since then has been the improved game stability. My new game rarely CTD. Nice work!

In my game Julian the Apostate has become ERE. However, it is now 368 AD and he is still emperor. Historically, Julian died in 363 AD. Is this WAD?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

calvinus

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:52 pm

All characters (monarchs, generals, missionaries, ...) are automatically died after 99 years.
Before, a random test is performed each year. So you have to wait for Julian death... :niark:

On the other hand, it's true that most historical characters have an "entry" and an "exit" date. It's true that Julian "exit" date is scheduled for 363.
But Julian's case is particular. If you see the GILeaders.csv database (open it using MS Excel), you notice that Julian is recorded as a ROM leader, not ERE.
Well, to my opinion this should be the reason why you are having him as emperor until his random death date.

Le Ricain

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:06 pm

calvinus wrote:All characters (monarchs, generals, missionaries, ...) are automatically died after 99 years.
Before, a random test is performed each year. So you have to wait for Julian death... :niark:

On the other hand, it's true that most historical characters have an "entry" and an "exit" date. It's true that Julian "exit" date is scheduled for 363.
But Julian's case is particular. If you see the GILeaders.csv database (open it using MS Excel), you notice that Julian is recorded as a ROM leader, not ERE.
Well, to my opinion this should be the reason why you are having him as emperor until his random death date.

Hey Calvinus,

Does this mean that when Julian does eventually go (by random test), he will be replaced by a WRE emperor or will the ERE succession be restored?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

calvinus

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:13 pm

It means that, once died, he will be replaced by an Eastern Roman Emperor.

Le Ricain

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm

calvinus wrote:It means that, once died, he will be replaced by an Eastern Roman Emperor.

Thanks, Calvinus. I am really impressed with the improvements that you have made in GI.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

calvinus

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks for the moral support! :cwboy:

Return to “Great Invasions”